582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
When will i start feeling better?
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
298 members

When will i start feeling better?

Two months ago, went to the doctor because i was having a lot of body muscle and bone pain. Dr. ran some tests for lupus, RA, vitamin d etc. Everything came back normal except my vit d which was severely deficient at 6 ng/ml when the normal range is supposed to be between 30 - 100 ng/ml. I was put on high dose prescription supplements of 50,000 iu/week. I started taking them with 1000 mg calcium supplemets which also had 1600 iu D3 every day....so I was basically on about 8600 iu's per day for about 9 weeks when I wnt to have my levels tested again.

After 9 weeks, went for a blood test to retest the vit d levels. What i forgot to mention to the dr. was the morning of the re-test i had taken a dose of 50,000 iu and the blood test was done in the afternoon. My levels had gone up from 6 ng/ml to 64 ng/ml!!! I was not expecting them to go up so high. I have a feeling they went up that high because i had taken a high dose just that morning. The reason i went to the dr int he first place was because of the body pain. The pain has subsided a little bit (maybe 20%) but it is not gone. I still feel it everyday and somedays it feels like it has gotten worse than before. If my levels were really that high now at 64 ng/ml, should'nt i have started feeling better? Do you guys think that the high dose i took the morning of the test could have made it go up that high?

The Dr. has asked me to stop taking the high dose supplemetns and just take 1000iu D3 from now on. One other qs i have is can rib pain be caused by vitamin d deficiency? I constantly have pain on the sides of my chest , breast pain or what feels like the rib cage? Went to get the breast pain checked out but dr. says its nothing. I have been on supplemets now for almost 11 weeks but pain is still there. Nowadays i also get tired easily and feel sleepy sometimes in the middle of the day. How long can it take for the pain to go away? I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. I have a 2.5 year old son who needs me. Thanks!

Seema
1 Comment
You are on the right path, but it can take up to a year at optimal ranges (50-70ng) for symptom resolution.  I take 5k per day and will likley up it as in winter I get no sun and my level has dropped form the low 40s to the low 30s.  I also have low t so that may have something to do with my symptoms.  Good luck!!  
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30
opus88 commented on photo
Jul 30
FurballsMom commented on photo
Jul 30