582?1266239308
recovery after vitamin D deficiency User Group
worried
About This Group:

Feel free to tell your story,Let's hear your experience.

Founded by bisan on February 15, 2010
285 members

worried

Does it seem possible that after taking 50,000 u of vit d for several weeks, I still feel bummed out, tired, have palpitations like my heart skips and flutters, and muscle pain?  My d level was 29, I go Thursday to find out what the current reading is.

Can this make you feel so tired???

For me when I first started taking it I felt TERRIBLE. I'm now into a year of taking the 50k weekly and no issues taking it at all. No, I don't feel better but there are other issues going on not just my D lvls. But, it took me a year to get from lvl 6 to 48 :) It can be a slow slow process.
Hi and yes! It takes a looong time to start feeling better AND it feels worse before it feels better. As in 3-6 months and sometimes worse than before you started taking d. Upping your magnesium and calcium might help a bit. Magnesium should be minimum 300. Most important is to rest when you can, know it's temporary on the way to feeling much better! Hang in there it will pay off :) btw in case you're wondering... The reason it feels so bad is that you're healing your hole body fairly quickly after yeeeears of slow depletion. ( that's my theory) it is generally accepted that the bone pain is calcium returning to the bones, I just extrapolated that to the whole body since the whole body has been affected. Also, as with any major healing, tiredness is expected as all your energy is going to repairs. Again, hang in there!! And good luck :) I also suggest using this forum fir support as often as you want... It can be hard to do this process on your own and finding ppl that understand (even in the medical community) is shockingly next to impossible :)
I had problems with the 50,000 IU dosage form which is D2 in megadoses. It worsened my palpitations and caused bouts of pain and made me feel jittery not tired. I had to switch to D3 gel caps and worked my way up to my current dose of 4400 IUs divided into 3 doses daily. I tolerate this well and my d levels went up from the 20s into the 40s....

It took me a year to reach a goal of upper 50's using the 50,000IU prescription.  Actually at about 9 months I talked my Endo into allowing me to take 2,000IU of OTC D3 along with the script and that is what made the difference in my opinion. (I did this based on all the wonderful people here and their positive results).
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Apr 17
ChitChatNine just broke up a cat fight i... Comment
Apr 17
capecdbabe joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 12