667?1276167980
skin User Group
hair issue- dandruff or just product buildup?
About This Group:

our purpose is to help you solve your problems about your skin...

Founded by honey156 on June 10, 2010
7 members

7704076?1329858524

I am having an unbearable time trying to figure out if this mess on top of my head is dandruff or product buildup.  A stylist said it was product buildup but no other stylists have mentioned it being that to me.  She said it could be because I'm using cheap products...well I am not.  I use Joico K-pak reconstruct shampoo and conditioner.  On other days, I use Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner.  Once every 2 weeks, I use Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoo three.  Once every week, I use Matrix Essentials solutionist Instacure leave in conditioner and macadamia oil.  Even when I just shampoo/condition and cut out everything else, I still get a crusty scalp.  The flakes are large, pure white, and caked onto my scalp.  Please help me discover what the problem is so that I may begin using the correct method to get rid of it.  Thanks!!
Please note the posted photo:)
allergic to sulphite all shampoos have it in them .get a suphite free shapooo from the drug store and see if it helps it helped me ..conditioners do not have it in .
From these symptoms, seborrheic dermatitis needs to be ruled out. It is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates and is aggravated by sweating and humidity.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
ParadoxClass joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 18
honey156 commented on aheart's status
Aug 04
Rebecca325 uploaded a new photo
Aug 02