trying for baby User Group
Husband diagnosed as being sterile; now they have 4 healthy children
About This Group:

any one trying for a baby plz come here and share your sucsess story's or your sad story's we will be here to support you x o x o

Founded by k4d on September 24, 2009
270 members

Nerida Walker testimony. Her and her husband was told by doctors he will never have children of his own because he was diagnosed as being sterile.

The Bible called those who were unable to conceive "barren". Today the terms "infertility" or "sterility" are used. While the terms may have changed, the pain and frustration felt through this painful journey has not.

Exodus 23:25-26 Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

To Shaun (my husband) and I, this Scripture is not simply words on a page but living truth. Faith in that promise has meant that our children Kaitlin, Aidan, Aaron and Jesse could be born into the world. It is the power of God’s Word of truth that brought about what man declared an impossibility.

In January 1994, after several medical tests and examinations Shaun was diagnosed as being sterile. The tests concluded that he had a nonexistent sperm count and he was told that it was medically impossible for him to father a child. The only option offered to us was to have a child using sperm donation. But Shaun made a decision to reject the diagnosis because he knew it was God’s will for us to have our own biological children.

When Shaun came home and shared the diagnosis with me, at first I was devastated. All my hopes and dreams of becoming a mother were shattered. All I could hear in my mind were the words of the doctor that it was ‘medically impossible for us to have a child of our own.’ Shaun's body needed physical healing and my mindset and faith in God needed healing. I had often prayed in the past for healing from colds and sore throats and I would be healed. That seemed easy for me. But at first I couldn’t fathom the miracle that Shaun needed. In order for me to believe for our child I had to renew my mind with the Word of God.

Back then I had no idea that God had provided answers for me in this area in His Word until I came across the scripture in Exodus 23, which said that I would not miscarry or be barren. If I had not discovered this promise, I may have never known God’s will for my life. This scripture went straight to my heart and impacted me in a powerful way. I knew beyond doubt that it was the nature, character and will of God for me to have my own biological children! Through this scripture God showed me that our situation was not impossible. It revealed that an impossible situation for us was simply an opportunity for Him! I soon learnt to put my trust in what God said about me in His Word and not the words of the prognosis.

God’s Word had been planted like a seed of faith in both Shaun’s and my heart. From that time on it was up to us to water, feed and nurture the seed so it could grow. By faith we believed together that Jesus would bring life to what our circumstances said were dead.

When our doctor recommended more tests to find the cause of Shaun’s sterility, we decided to trust our judgment (we had prayed for wisdom) and chose not to follow through with the tests, but to trust solely in God’s Word. We continued to claim healing for Shaun’s body and thanked God for our child. During this time of growing in faith, our circumstances didn’t seem to change. However we supported each other in prayer, standing in agreement on God’s Word and speaking words of faith, not words of defeat. We chose to believe that what God said He would do He would actually do. And within six months, I became pregnant with our first child! When Shaun told our doctor the news, he wouldn’t believe it. He called Shaun into his office and after showing him again the results of the tests he said, ‘this is not your baby. It is impossible for you to father a child!’ Well, he was wrong! Nothing is impossible with God!

My testimony didn’t end there. I also faced adverse circumstances such as threatened miscarriages, an ectopic pregnancy and the threat of Downs’ syndrome but by placing my trust in God and His Word, I had four healthy children within four and a half years! I also took the Word (like medicine) into my pregnancies, births and postnatal period and was able to rise above these and other complications and experience healthy pregnancies, childbirth without trauma, complications or excruciating pain and enjoy the blessing of bringing forth a new life as well as the whole childbearing experience.

Hosea 4:6 says, ‘my people perish because of lack of knowledge.’ The main way we gain Godly knowledge for our life and also knowledge of God’s will for our life is through His Word. God is the creator of everything; He is also not a respecter of persons which means He doesn't show favouritism(Romans 2:11). So anyone who believes can receive from God’s Word. It is my heart’s desire that you will discover, through reading this book that absolutely nothing is impossible for those who believe. Jesus said when you know the truth it will set you free (John 8:32). Through the work He did on the cross, you can overcome any problem of barrenness, fertility challenge or any other complication throughout your pregnancy and birth and, like me, learn to walk in a spirit of victory.

Shaun and I use Scripture every time we pray now, because we have learned how powerful it is. My prayer is that as you develop your trust in God your relationship and understanding of Him will deepen. I also pray that you will receive revelation and knowledge from His Word regarding His plan for your children. However, do not simply read the Scriptures in this book but apply them to your life. Study, meditate and speak them over your circumstances to renew your mind because when you meditate on the promises of God, He will reveal his ‘good, pleasing and perfect will’ in your life (Romans 12:2).
Tags: God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, faith, Trust Him, sterile, Infertility
1 Comment
hallejuah. this is an awesome story. really needed to read this. just the encouragement i needed. after my last miscarriage(2 total) & my husbands unwillingness to even go get tested i decided to take this infertilty issue to the altar and leave it there. decided to trust god fully bc there was nothing else I can or could do! your story is jus confirmation in the living world that ALL things are possible with Christ jesus. Amen. Thanks for sharing.
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
Lynniepooh cd 33 Comment
Dec 25
Moma_Cher commented on Heather3418's status
Dec 24