I'm 14 and my period has been going for about 3 weeks+ HELP
I'm 14 and my period wont stop, it started last month, and it's been going for a good month now, i havent went to the doctor cuz i havent payed very much attention to it. I just thought it wasn't that serious, i mean...doesnt things happen like this all the time? maybe not, now that i've read about others' same problem i'm having :C .....I've been feeeling very weak lately, very very weak, please dont tell me......could this be hormonal imbalance? Von Willibrand's? wth is this!!!!!!! its tearing my mind apart. Just earlier today i was spending time with my boyfriend, then i find this thing out, whatever the heck it is, im so scared.... maybe i wont have kids????????? will i have to take birth control pills? i dont trust medication :( oh please help me....tomorow or the day after im gonna go to the doctor, but im a bit nervous, i mean...i've been ignoring it up until now because its embaressing for someone u dont know, to examine ur private part down there....i dont like it, its uncomfortable. Please help me, could this whole thing be a serious problem? i've heard it was really bad, but only usually accured with women in their 30s. please i beg of u, i need some answers, and i need them now, i cant stop crying
Firstly - I'm so sorry its taken me a while to get back to you, hopefully by now you will have seen your doctor and been reassured.
You are undoubtedly feeling weak because of your prolonged blood loss and I predict you're now anaemic which just means your iron levels have got a bit low and taking an iron supplement normally sorts this out(again the doc will sort this out)
Prolonged and/or heavy bleeding is indeed a symptom of VWD but its also a symptom of other conditions so its by no means a done deal and at your age periods can be very erratic in any case.
Having VWD though is in no way as scary as you might think. I've got two beautiful children and it rarely effects my every day life.
See the doc (I cant think an examination woul dbe required anyway but even if it is, be brave, they've seen it all before!) and then pop back and tell us what happened.
Big hugs to ya too x