Aa
A
A
Close
Natural Baby Delivery
Hi! Im pregnant, my baby's due Feb 28th. I have VWD Type 1.
The hematologist explained to me that since Im a type 1 that I shouldnt have any complications, God willing.

But has anyone gone through a delivery having VWD??? Share your experience. :)
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have vwd2 and have had two children. I needed factor for both deliveries both before during and after labour.
All the very best with it
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok. Good to know... thnks! ;)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi,
I have factor 1 too... how was your delivery? Or does anyone else have Von Willebrands disease stage 1?
I was told mine has corrected itself but I'm nervous for bleeding during and after delivery....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have type 1 and had no complications with my labor, other than the fact that i was a month early (but thats not bc of the vw) i had minimal bleeding, and it's decreased a lot since i got out if the hospital 2 days ago. Use super pads but could use light, but those weren't the kind i bought at the store in prep lol.

Even though this post is really old i still hope someone out there gets some help from this. Before i was super worried about my vw and delivery but it turned out to be unnecessary. I did all natural btw
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Glad things went well Diabetusbiscuit - and how are you going Nbell?
I was told that vwd levels would generally improve during pregnancy but still had a care plan and factor - but I'm type 2 so bit different
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
von Willebrand Disease Community Resources