Von Willebrand's and Intimacy Issues
Hi I was diagnosed with Von Williebrand's Disease five years ago due to bleeding during intercourse. After multiple tests (Paps, STD testing, HPV testing, Colposcopy, transvaginal ultra soumd, abdominal untrasound) my gyocologist found the blood disorder. The only thing that seemed to help was a high dose BC pill which I decided to go off of due to cost and the fact that I want to begun trying for a baby in a few months. So of course, the bleeding has returned. I have done a lot of research online about sex and blood disorders and can't seem to find much info. So my question is does anyone experience this with vWD and if so how have you been dealing with it? It makes me not want to be intimate with my husband which is of course a problem
I had exactly the same thing - bled after intercourse for almost 2 years. Had scans, tests, allsorts, was told it was any number of different things and in the end had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp and they found that my womb lining was breaking down and they removed it. Obviously that has meant that I couldnt have any more children but I have 2 children and didnt want any more.
I appreciate thats not the case for you, and it may not be the same reason or the way yours is treated - if you need any more info feel free to ask
Thanks for responding to my post!! It's really a horrible thing to have happen, and I feel like my doctor kind of minimizes it since it didn't turn out to be cancer or anything. What caused the lining of your womb to break down? I am skeptical of the Von Willebrand's diagnoses, but then again I'm a very anxious person and worried that something was missed! Did your bleeding affect you relationship with your significant other at all? It wreaks havoc on mine:(
My spouse has this and her doc makes her use a nasal spray during her period and after any falls or trauma to her body ... its expensive but worth it. Its called stimate. Talk to our doc see what he/she says
I have VWD and I also bleed after sex, but I just have to deal with it.  I have seen specialists at a cancer center and they said it is common since the tissues in that area are thin in the first place for someone with VWD to bleed during or after intercourse.  I guess I just have to wear a liner after and its done by morning.  It is quite an inconvenience and for the longest time I did not want to be interment, but my husband has been very supportive.  At least I hit stage 2 after being married for quite some time and after 2 kids.  If I have any surgeries, I have to get an IV done an hour before hand and I have a syrup I keep on hand incase of any severe cuts, or heavy cycles.  This all doesn't help that I fight with chronic bladder infections and have had a minor cancer.  Both my kids are projected to have VWD, my 8 year olds test back when he was 5 came back as basically having grade F blood compared to an adult, so he would have VWD soon.  I did have my first son before knowing I had VWD but both pregnancies went without any bleeding problems.  
Soooo sorry, never saw your reply to my reply - that was 2 years ago, gosh I really am very sorry!
It didnt effect our intimacy really but I cant understand why it would for some.
Really hope you've got somewhere with this now but please do shout if I can help still x
VWD is an inherited condition so its not usually the case that your child would develop it with time. My daughter was tested at birth from cord blood samples.