von Willebrand Disease Community
Wow - theres no one here - I'm the very first one!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to von Willebrand’s Disease (VWD), which is a bleeding disorder. It affects your blood's ability to clot.

Well, when any one gets here - Hi - I have VWD Type 2A.
Dont have a question, just thought I'd introduce myself!
Well, there are two of us now. Not sure how active this forum is. I have vWD type 1!

WELCOME Boo25 and mamahen95!

Please help us spread the word about our new community to friends, family, members who have this condition or know a loved one with it.

Regards,

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr
Hi Mamahen95 and yes Cheryl - will do
I have von willebrand's disease type 2a also.  my maternal grandma was the "bleeder" of the family and after many operations and almost dying she had a blood transfusion that gave her hep C.  she died may 1, 2001.  my birthday (also my maternal grandma's mother's bday) is may 2nd.  my daughter was born on may 13th, 2001-mother's day and was named by my grandma before she died.  I was diagnosed aug 2002 after a massive bleed due to a hysterectomy-i was 26.  my grandma never told us what she had-if she even knew.  However her "blood" dr was assigned to me and he got her chart and she saved me because it was all there for him to treat me.  
hey i have vwd type 3 i always find myself with nose bleeds i take amicar and this nasal spray i cant remember the name of i hate having headaches because i cant take anything no asprin nothing with ibruprofen which now on days means alomost everything menstruals are the worst for me idk what kinda past to use because i leek threw almost everything i go through a 24 pack of pads in a day. vwd *****
Welcome to the forum guys - apologies for being late in replying, I've been away.
I'm sorry to hear of the problems your family faced BeckyBoo, my grandparents died before we could ever determine which side of the family my father got VWD from.
JustRenae - monthlies are a real pain, to be honest I have had an ablation now (womb lining removed) so I dont bleed any more but I've had my family, its not an option for women still considering children. I take paracetamol with codeine if pain is really bad but have first stages of arthritis and being able to take anti inflammotories would be a big help. I was told I could have Celobrex anti inflammotories but they have pretty scary potential side effects so am trying to stay off those for now
Hi have VWD type 1... and we have no clue where it comes from. We're pretty sure it comes from my maternal grandmothers' side...but none of my siblings have VWD neither do my parents... it very strange...

anyways... I'm ttc and VWD isn't helping matters =/
Welcome Hulahutgirl - apparently VWD can just "develop" in rare cases I think, and all the best with ttc too x

I was just curious if anyone here has ever had veins just pop for no apparent reason? Followed by pain and bruising in my feet and hands.
Hey! I have vwd type 3 I got diagnosed when I was a child.  My vwd is so bad I have to get infusions of humate p BC the stimate (nasal spray) did nothing for me.. my levels stayed the same. The infusions suck and I get sick after! But if I didn't get them I would bleed too much when I get my periods and something could happen to me.. I'm 23 years old and I'm also expecting a baby. I'm 25 weeks along! I hope more people come on this forum... doesn't loom like there has been anyone here In years :(