Food Allergies

Information, Symptoms, Treatments and Resources

Section 504 & Food Allergies

Section 504 and Food Allergies

The following information, provided by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights, is designed to help parents better understand the rights of their food-allergic children at school. 

A child who qualifies as disabled under Section 504 may be entitled to a 504 Accommodation Plan, which is designed to meet his or her individual needs.  Not every food-allergic student needs a 504 Plan or may qualify for one. The first steps to determine if a 504 Plan is appropriate are:

About this page