Today was really scarey. It all started when Mom was cooking. She just got dinner finished. I was in bed when suddenly BBBBEEEEEPPPP!!! The smoke dectors went off. At 1st I was like what's going on. When I saw Mom had cooked I figured it was the food set it off. Mom opened all the doors and fanned them to try to blow steam away. They are not reachable by us so we couldn't just turn them off. All I know is the screaching was driving me insane because of my sencitive ears. I just wanted to scream because my ears and cuz it wouldn't shut off and I started getting anxiety. Mom ended up having to call the fire department so we had to go outside in the freezing cold. They checked things out. Turns out the smoke detectors are old and one of them almost started a fire. So we have to replace them, but we don't have the money so we may have to do without until next month. I know that's not safe but if my grandfather dont care enough to lend us some money there really ain't anything we can do. I just felt this story should be told. I put it in this tracker because of all the stress and stuff I had anxiety.