All Journal Entries Journals
Sort By:  

cervical cancer

Dec 14, 2014 - 6 comments

Its been awhile since i wrote a journal, so here it is. Ive had pre cancerous cells on my cercix since age 15. They are caused by HPV type 18. Over the years ive had numerous colposcopy done, my cervix frozen twice, lazored once, and the gardacil shots. I was told at 20 when i had the cells froze and shots that id no longer have anything to worry about and the HPV would not come back. I then two years later found that to be false. Now im 27 and as of last monday 12/8/14 have be diagnosed with cervical cancer caused by HPV. My current obgyn feels we have cought it very early. There for my treatment plan is a complete historectomy. I have had some symptoms so there is a chance its more invasive. Im hopeful that the historectomy will cure it.

William Thomas birth story

Sep 08, 2013 - 2 comments

Since finding out at 35 weeks he was breech we scheduled for repeat c-section for July 18th. I went for my pre-op appointment July 16th and was then given an arrival time of 6 am on the 18th. I was so excited the night before that I only slept 2hrs! We did manage to arrive on time and my mother in law came and took the kids so df could be with me through everything.

Df and I was then placed in a room and hooked to monitors around 7am. I then went through medical history and signed consent for tubal litigation with the nurse. Then had teams of doctors coming in to go over the process of everything. All while I was having contractions every 3-5min and was 2cm. Nurse then placed me on oxygen because baby hr was borderline low. I then had a ultrasound to confirm he was still c-section and check placenta and cord placement. Everything looked great and I was now ready for surgery.

The team returned and I was taken into the OR at 9:12am. Once again they had trouble placing the spinal so it took awhile. Once it was placed it worked instantly! At this point they allowed df to come in.  My doctor decided it was best to go through the same incision as before despite previous infection. I kept hearing comments about how much scar tissue there was though. After waiting for what felt like forever my doctor looked up and said its time to deliver baby! Our lil man William Thomas was born at 10:19 am weighing 6lb 10oz and 19 1/2in! The nurses brought him up to see me for a minute before taking him to nursery. My df left to go with our lil man as well.

Now came time for the tubal litigation which took all of 5 minutes. So now time to close but doctor found part of where my infection tunneled was still open! So the cleaned it and closed it off. They placed special antibiotic stitches on the inside and only derma-bond glue outside. My incision was then covered with a special antibiotic bandage that was to be left on for 10 days. I exited the OR for recovery at 11:56am. Upon my check in to recovery my blood sugar was low, 56, so I was given some orange juice. I also was not allowed to leave recovery till I could move my legs. I was determined to move them so I could see my baby! I was able to move them about 1:30pm, so recovery doctor came and cleared me to go upstairs. I was taken up to what was my room for the next 4 days at 2pm.

Upon arrival df said he had something to tell me, so I instantly think the worst. Only to find out lil man was having some breathing issues due to mucus was not sure if he could come into the room. I then had the peds doctor in my room asking for consent to do blood test to find out what's wrong. As I was informed they were moving him to NICU due to his d-sats and needing oxygen once. Again I'm thinking to worst because I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis. The blood work showed his white blood cells high but culture would not be back till next morning. They went ahead and started him on antibiotic that night. I however could not take not being able to see my baby, so I was determined to get up out of bed as soon as I was allowed. My nurse called the doctor and I was ok to get up at 9pm and that's what I did! I had df push me in a wheel chair to the NICU where I sat with William for 2hrs. His nurse said he was doing great and only needed the oxygen that one time. I had df take me down again at 3am for his feeding. Even though I was just down the hall I hated not having him with me. I was told doctor would be in at 9 am to give results. So there I was back at the NICU at 830am waiting for the doctor. The doctor made it to us at 10am and the culture showed he did in fact have an infection. They believe he swallowed fluid during or shortly before birth and that caused it. So his treatment was a 5 day course of antibiotic. Which ment he would be in hospital till Tuesday July 23rd. He also had to be in NICU the whole time as it was given by IV. The rest of Williams stay was great and no issues at all. They monitored the infection by daily lab work. My doctor was so nice and allowed for me to stay the whole time so we went home together. I truly felt a 100x better after this c-section and was not needing pain meds other then Motrin by the time we went home. William was discharged 7/23/13 at noon and was back at birth weight.

I'm sorry this to so long to write and post.





Surprise pregnancy...

Nov 29, 2012 - 4 comments

11/15 positive hpt at doctor

11/16 beta hcg 83

11/19 beta hcg 582

11/21 beta hcg 1332 progesterone 11.2 ultrasound showed gestational sac in uterus

11/29 doctor follow up and said all look well. I return in 3 weeks and now starting prenatal care. Also will be sent out to high risk obgyn once I clear 12 weeks.

12/2 started spotting pinkish red blood at night

12/3 continued spotting with cramps, blood is now brown. Went to ER blood work looked good and cervix was closed. Ultrasound measured me at 6w 6d and heartrate of 123.

12/6 follow up with Dr Lynne from my ER trip. My hcg levels on 12/3 were 33,300 which is a doubling time of 63hrs from my last draw. He is sending an urgent high risk obgyn referral. If I don't have an appointment with them by 12/20 then I'm to keep my appointment with Dr Lynne on 12/20.

12/14 ultrasound done by surprise at imaging center but the tech would not say much. I saw baby and heard the heartbeat, she would not say what the hr was though. I also saw on the screen that the measurement was 8w5d.

12/20 follow up with Dr. Lynne for ultrasound results which he said everything looked great. He tried to get baby heartbeat on Doppler and after 10min of trying he found it at 140bpm. I will now be a patient of the high risk obgyn and first appointment is set for January 8th. I can't believe I'm 10 weeks just about.

1/8 first appointment with high risk obgyn clinic at arrowhead hospital. Had a pap, pelvic, and breast exam done. My nt scan is scheduled for 1/16 and have labs to go do including a glucose screen. They could not find baby hr using Doppler so they brought in the ultrasound machine and there it was at 163. My return appointment is in 4 weeks and I may qualify for a vbac!!! It all depends on how my uterus itself was cut and they are requesting those records.

1/16 Had my nt scan with genetics doctor. I must say the scan went great, baby hr was 148, and he/she measured right on track. Since df now has health insurance she wants him to be screened for cystic fibrosis since I'm a 1 gene carrier. Also with df having cleft lip and pallet at birth she wants to do anatomy screening at 18weeks.

2/5 Second visit with high risk obgyn and baby hr was 145. I signed consent for tubal after the birth of this baby. I did see a different doctor this time and don't like him at all. On the bright side I'm still 5lb under pre pregnancy weight. Return appointment in 4 weeks on 3/5

2/26 Had my anatomy scan with genetics center and baby looked great! We are surprised to say we're team blue! His heartrate was 148 and measured a week ahead. Scan also showed that he does not have cleft lip or pallet.

3/5 Follow up with high risk went great, other then the fact previous obgyn has not sent records over yet. Doctor will no allow a vbac without my c-section report to verify how my uterus was cut. I still have no weight gain and baby hr was 147. I will also be starting progesterone suppository from now till 36 weeks to prevent preterm labor. In addition to having a ultrasound every 4 weeks to check cervical length. I'm also starting bi-weekly doctor visits.

3/20 appointment with high risk went great as I ment the attending obgyn. I must say she is really nice and has a great personality. They did get my operation records and I can have my vbac! My risk of uterine rupture is about 1% but with repeat c-section my risk of infection is 50%. My weight is now 286 so I'm still 4lb under pre pregnancy weight. Although doctor recommends I gain no weight above my pre pregnancy weight this pregnancy. I have my glucose test on or after April 3rd and they only do a 2hr screen. My next ultrasound is march 29 and return obgyn on April 10.

4/10 appointment with high risk went great again! My weight is up to 287, so I've gained 1lb in the last 3 weeks. Ultrasound results look great as baby is measuring right on track and cervix was 4.2cm. I also passed my glucose screening! Plus for the most part I still feel great! Return obgyn appointment set for 4/24

7/10 wow it's been awhile since I updated on my pregnancy with William. I was in l&d Father's Day due to having contractions. They gave me fluids and meds to stop them which worked. I then found out my cervix was 5cm long and lil man is breech at 35 weeks. Then at my 37 week check up on 7/3 lil man was still breech, so we scheduled a c-section for 7/18 at 39+4. If some how lil man turns and I go into labor before 7/18 then I still can have a vbac.

Stressed...scared...need advice!!!

Nov 14, 2012 - 14 comments

I really don't know where to begin. I guess I'll start with after I had my daughter 11/26/11 by c-section my incision got infected and broke open 12/5/11. I had a form of staff infection called pasudamonus and my incision was left open till my final surgery on 2/15/12. We moved to a new county August 2012 an I finally have my insurance transferred and a doctor picked. I go to the doctor today because I have been getting this pain on the right side a long my incision and to discuss birth control. Lone be hold at the doctor I got a bfp!!! I was surprised but not totally as af is 5 days late. So now come the stress because df is still out of work and we have 3 kids already. I've always wanted 4 kids but not right now. Df is totally against abortion and I'm against using medical help to keep the pregnancy. Meaning I don't want to use progesterone suppository again because if its ment to be then its ment to be. I'm just looking for advice and how you ladies may handle this type of situation. Also if any of you have kids about 1 1/2 years apart how is it?