I'm 10w4d today. Not sure why I skipped week 9.
Anyway, I have accomplished a lot in the past two weeks:
- Went for high risk OB clinic nurse intake on 11/21 and saw the genetic counselor on 11/25;
- First OB panel came back ok except that I'm slightly anemic with hgb 11.4, which is odd considering that I had iron overload and an hgb 13.2 five weeks prior to this draw. I wasn't happy because the panel was incomplete IMO. No thyroid checked, no homocystin, no iron study, no vitamin D, etc. The MDs at UCDMC are doing their bare minimum to get by.
- Also toured the birthing suite at the hospital (yes, I did it way early at 9w this time). Another bummer - they don't have antepartum unit, which means that if you are stuck in hospital, e.g. due to preeclampsia, you could end up listening to other laboring women screaming around you every single day for months while worried about your own baby. The NICU is located two stories up from postpartum units, definitely not an easy visit. There's no refrigerator... Let us just say that I am not thrilled by the hospital facility at all. FX that all goes well and I'll be in-n-out quick.
- Sub'd to Lucie's List, and started our baby registry on Amazon. So fun!
- Went shopping Thanksgiving night, and stocked up newborn clothing.
- Did the Panorama screening test, still waiting for results.
Will see my MFM's resident on Tuesday. Can't believe that 1st trimester is almost over in a few weeks.