Jun 05, 2014
The apps that follow were compiled by Cosmopolitan. They’re free, so you have nothing to lose by giving them a try (except, perhaps, an inch or two from your waist)…
1. (Lose It) http://www.loseit.com/
Keep track of your daily calorie intake simply with this calorie tracker. Especially useful is the app’s ability to estimate how many calories you can burn with different exercises.
2. (GAIN Fitness Cross Trainer) http://gainfitness.com/
Get fitness tips directly from personal trainers and even create a customizable workout matched to your fitness level, goals, and time constraints.
3. (Jillian Michaels Slim-Down) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jillian-michaels-slim-down/id399841706
This app allows you to track calories, food, and fitness while also supplying step-by-step videos, fat-burning exercises, recipes, meal and fitness plans and even a bar code scanner for nutrition facts labels.
4. (How to Lose Belly Fat) http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/how-to-lose-belly-fat/061abc46-bb70-41a5-b69f-a21432349142
Get a step-by-step plan, including tips and videos, on how to banish belly fat.
5. (The 7 Minute Workout) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/7-minute-workout/id650762525?mt=8
If you have seven minutes, and this app, you can fit in a great full-body workout. The app has 12 sets of seven-minute workouts with audio so you can focus on your workouts – not paying attention to your phone.
6. (Nike Training Club) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nike-training-club/id301521403
This app has more than 100 custom-built workouts to help you get lean, toned and strong. It’s like having your own personal trainer and even lets you choose music to go along with your workout.
7. (Fitocracy) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitocracy-daily-workout-fitness/id509253726?mt=8
Track your workouts, get fitness tips, and reach your personal fitness achievements by joining this social fitness community.
8. (GymPact) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gympact-cash-reward-to-motivate/id456068701
First, you set goals, such as how many times you’ll go to the gym in a week, as well as set a monetary amount you’d be willing to pay if you don’t. If you reach your goals, you earn a cash reward. If you don’t, you “donate” your money to a community pot that pays others who reach their goals.