Jun 15, 2010
Today we finally received some news about the genetic testing, but the news was very frustrating (those as Rob said, better then bad news.)
The genetics lab had 2 tests to run: a preliminary/direct & a final/cultured test. The preliminary results were what we were expecting to get last Friday, but apparently that test was completely inconclusive. This provides no indication about which way the final results will go and doesn’t suggest there is anything wrong with the little guy, it just means the test was unable to produce any results.
So, now we are waiting for the final, cultured test which is a completely different test procedure using the same cells from the CVS. Because the procedure is done differently, this test should provide results 1 way or the other - but no results for at least a week (next Monday is the absolute earlier) and up to 2.5 weeks!
So, the waiting game continues. I have my regular follow-up next week, so we’ll get to hear the heartbeat then & take measurements. They probably won’t do an ultrasound unless the situation with my hemorrhage worsens (which, for now, actually seems to be improving, if only a little.)