Feb 12, 2011
I had my last u/s Friday. Saw 5 follicles in R ovary measuring 10mm and 5 or 6 in my left. They had told me earlier that I would probably trigger Friday (2/11), but I'm not quite ready yet. So, I won't trigger until Sunday night and the egg retrieval is now planned for Tuesday (2/15-post Vday baby hopefully!). Injections (Lupron-5 units, Follistim-150, Menopur-75) have been going well, but I've been somewhat sore and bruising more this time since I do 3 at once. Otherwise, it is going well.
We decided finally on fertilizing 6 eggs. We prayed and prayed about that number and were ready to go with 4, but the night before we did some more talking and we both felt like 6 would give us the greatest chance without sacrificing our convictions. So, 6 it is. What a relief to have that decision made. I haven't even really worried about it since, which tells me we must have made the right decision b/c I had no peace about 4.
I'm so excited for Tuesday. Hoping all goes well and we get at least one little embie for a day 5 transfer. 2 would be great, but I'll take whatever the Lord decides to give us.