All Journal Entries Journals

IN LIMBO!!!

Jan 17, 2012 - 25 comments

DILEMA #1…  Should I still have hope or accept the fact we have an angel baby?

Today DH and I woke up giddy and happily ready to see our little bean(s). When we arrived at the clinic, the tech took us directly in for the scan. As the U/S began, I could see the love and joy on my DH’s face. I remained quiet and hopeful praying that we would soon see our little bean and hear a heartbeat. Unfortunately, this was not the case. As the tech continued w/ her preliminary scan I said “I see an empty sac is that what you see? She stated I’m not sure yet, I will have the RE come in to speak w/ you. Immediately DH said what's wrong? Aren't we supposed to hear a heartbeat today?  The tech remained silent,  left the room, and reported back w/ the RE.

The RE came in w/ a doom and gloom facial expression!!  During the second scan, the RE stated at this point we should see a fetus and hear a heartbeat as well. RE further stated that there may possibly be a fetus (late implanter) or a fetus that has stopped growing. I then explained to the RE that I had been under the care of my PMD for the last two weeks and that the BETA numbers had been doubling perfectly as of this past Friday. RE then suggested that I continue taking the progesterone and have another beta today. I was told to remain hopeful and to come back next week for a second U/S.

At this point I am mentally drained!! RE says the baby may be a late implanter or has stop growing!! I am ALL confused!!   I guess ANYTHING is possible.  God I am still praying baby is ok!!!




DILEMA #2  TRAVEL or not TRAVEL?

Now, DH and I had plans to fly to PARIS tomorrow for 5 days and then over to London for an additional five days!!! I really don't know if I should go if I am threatening a miscarriage!! At the time this trip was scheduled we thought we would be in the clear and I would be able to travel.  We will return on 1/30, what would you do?



Comments
Post a Comment
1386655_tn?1377032953
by journey2motherhood, Jan 17, 2012
I'm sorry you and your dh has to go through this ordeal.  I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.  As for your trip, is sounds like a wonderful trip and you both really have to decide what is best for all of you.  I know I'm not much help, I'm sorry.  Please stay hopeful, as hard as that maybe.  xoxo Joann

296076_tn?1371338074
by melimeli, Jan 17, 2012
I am sorry you are going through this.  I would just go if I were you.  If you do end up m/c because you are so early on in your pg it should be ok.  If you can mentally do it I would go.  I went to las vegas while I was m/cing and it was fine.  That being said I did get pg that same month and that one was a keeper... good luck

334926_tn?1397678480
by butterflybabies, Jan 17, 2012
Sorry you didn't get any definite answer. It's so hard to be in limbo. But I will tell you when I spoke to my re yesterday (I was concerned about my symptoms coming and going) she would not bring me in for a scan at all this week. She said it was to early to see anything for sure and if I had a scan and there was no hb I'd be even more worried. She doesn't want to scan me till 7 1/2 wks because by then you should definitely see a hb. I will keep you in my prayers and don't give up hope. I know it's hard. As for vacation that's a tough one. I'd prob ask your doc. Anyway thinking of you and sending you tons of positive vibes!!

1351078_tn?1379601130
by retta483, Jan 17, 2012
you are super early still hun I have a u/s pict of one of my sons it was a black bubble couldent even see a yolk sac and he is over 2 now  keep the faith :) as far as traveling Id go maybe that is what you need a breather with dh :) wishing you the best your in my prayers xx

1742167_tn?1386622447
by heather727, Jan 17, 2012
For DILEMA #1:
There is nothing you can do but wait for the BETA results & 2nd Ultrasound.  As much as I feel there should be a heartbeat at this point if everything was OK (especially since you had IVF and you KNOW exactly when the embros were placed) I'm still thrown by the fact that your BETA keep rising as they should!  So I would say you should have cautious hope.

For DILEMA #2:
If you're going to m/c you will whether you fly or not.  My gut tells me that you can use some time away and a trip to Paris/London doesn't happen every day (at least not to me! LOL)  BUT, I doubt it would be much of a relaxing getaway if the worst were to happen while you were there.  Did you mention the trip to your RE?  Did he have an opinion?

I know this isn't an easy time for you.  I was really hoping for the best news today for you!  You're in my thoughts & prayers.  My fingers are crossed that your BETA is still rising as it should!

1645406_tn?1389719092
by marsi2, Jan 17, 2012
All things ARE possible! Still praying for you and that precious baby! Lots of love...

1752977_tn?1346094641
by amy8702, Jan 17, 2012
The fact that your numbers have been rising still gives me hope for you. I too am sorry you didn't get clear answers today.

As for the trip, I heard its okay to travel in early pregnancy so, I would go. I think you and DH need the getaway and to try and enjoy yourselves.

518733_tn?1333020615
by angelbabies, Jan 17, 2012
o im so sorry ur going through this, i know how hard it is having been in this situation myself, dont give up yet, ill send my prayers ur way! x

961574_tn?1396297129
by mhv, Jan 17, 2012
Here are my honest thoughts.  I think you had a late implanter.  Your first beta was a little on the low side, but, it rebounded by the 2nd beta by leaps and bounds!!!!  I honesty believe that you embryo implanted late..  I  believe that whenever you go for your next u/s, you are going to get amazing news.  

Your and your husband have an amazing trip planned, go for it.!!!!  If God forbid, you do m/c (which I, again, do not believe is going to happen!!)  I think it may be the best medicine.   When I m/c'd in 09 (before heartbeats were seen) and were told we were going to m/c at our u/s.  We already had a week-end get away planned, as our u/s was on a Thursday.   We went straight from our u/s, looked at each other and said, lets go.  And we did.  I do not regret it for one minute.  For one thing, I wasn't sitting at home, in tears waiting.  We honestly had a great trip.  We leaned on each other so much that week-end, and became so much closer.  

You cannot affect the outcome of this.  I 100% think everything is going to work out!!  I really do!!!  But, on the 1% chance it doesn't, I think Paris/London is a great place to be with your husband.  

Melissa

1293683_tn?1334022810
by tones99, Jan 17, 2012
oh love ..I was hoping for a more definitive result .. but as others say .. there is a chance that it could be a late implanter .. your beta today may give you more of an idea of that.  I do know that feeling of searching for that hb so well and wish that you didn't have to see that yourself.  I really feel for you hon.

now .. in terms of what to do re travel .. I have played it both ways with potential miscarriages .. sat at home and waited (it can be weeks before it happens if it's going to) and my last mc I just got on with my life and went away and out .. it made it much more like I was in control of what was happening .. even though it was completely out of my hands .. mine actually started when I was away down the coast with my parents .. it wasn't ideal but I coped fine

but I seriously hope that won't be the case with you and that your next u/s will show a hb .. all my thoughts are with you my friend



1203557_tn?1345857460
by stargazy, Jan 17, 2012
I'm so sorry that you didn't get more definite news. I think the not knowing is the worst part. Do what you feel is right in your heart. Sitting at home is NOT going to change the outcome one bit, so if it was me I would go ahead with the travel plans. My heart goes out to both you and DH. Will keep you both in my prayers!

1462588_tn?1345065395
by TAGLAS, Jan 17, 2012
Thank you ladies!! Just got a call from the clinic and the BETA  is now up to 28, 863 from Fridays 13, 014!!! DH and I have decided to go ahead w/ travel plans and do an U/S when we return. Like some of you ladies said, if it's going to happen it will happen no matter where I am.

I will keep everyone posted!!


LOVE Tanek!!  

Avatar_f_tn
by Maybe-baby, Jan 17, 2012
So hoping that the next ultrasound is great news, seems you have some hope, I'm just sorry this ultrasound didn't bring the joy it should have! Every woman deserves great ultrasounds.

X

631676_tn?1333721803
by usuk, Jan 17, 2012
Have a great trip. But you can't have yummy soft cheese and champagne - so what's left to do in Paris???? :)

1340863_tn?1366644684
by sisi2399, Jan 17, 2012
Im so sorry u still have some waiting to do before a definite answer.  Stay strong and positive, ur baby seems to b fighting against all odds and with Gods help he might just surprise u.  If it was me? I wouldnt go.  I know I wouldnt have fun and if something bad happens I would b asking myself too many what ifs.  Whatever u deside.... I wish u the best and have u in my prayers.  Im still holding hope

1804812_tn?1329681157
by sadiegirl69, Jan 17, 2012
Delema #1...Keep the faith, but cautiously

Delema#2..this one is easy.  GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will not regret it.  I can promise you that.

Laurie

961574_tn?1396297129
by mhv, Jan 17, 2012
Awesome update on your beta!  Pack you bags, and enjoy yourself!!  I hope you have tons of fun, and tons of pregnancy symptoms on your trip!!!  You will be thought of, and missed.  

1386765_tn?1383624932
by pb95, Jan 17, 2012
Awesome numbers!  Have a great time.  What a fantastic opportunity.   Getting travel insurance always eases my anxiety.  Can't wait to hear about the trip and the next u/s!

1462588_tn?1345065395
by TAGLAS, Jan 18, 2012
I have to be PREGO!! This morning sickness is kicking my bum LOL. I don't see the BETA doubling like it has if I am miscarrying!! BTW, this is the same RE that didn't use the guided U/S technique the first IVF cycle. I really prefer her partner whom actually performed this last transfer!! He's very thorough! With her I feel like I have to take charge and recommend a treatment plan, request BETA's, EVERYTHING!!

Just had to vent!!!

Well ladies, our flight leaves O’Hare today at 6:17 pm Chicago time!! I am not a fan of flying but I really need this. This has been a hectic six months w/ purchasing a new home and going through IVF and all. God has truly answered ALL my prayers. I’m sure the blessings will continue to come. I will sign on from time to time over the next two weeks.


Hope al is well , I will be thinking of each and every one of you :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo


1422615_tn?1334067834
by rmmoye, Jan 18, 2012
Travel for sure!!!!! it will not change anything and i can tell u form experience that if for some reason your levels do start dropping it takes a while for u to mc.  I dont think u are going to mc. not all dr.s can find baby or even the sac at this point.  U know better then the dr. Your betas say everything is good!!!! GO with them.


Post travel pics for us!!!

1386655_tn?1377032953
by journey2motherhood, Jan 18, 2012
that is a great beta!  Enjoy your trip!!

1969424_tn?1353024241
by SeptemberBound, Jan 18, 2012
Go to Paris! I loved Paris when went went and make sure you two kiss under the Eifle Tower.  Paris is truly a magical city!  You will be in all of our prayers and we are sending lots of baby dust your way :-)

1580318_tn?1397159138
by Shannon79, Jan 18, 2012
Enjoy your trip!!!

Have some fun for me! :)

Your beta numbers are WAY too good to be miscarrying, so I say go on your trip and come back nice n relaxed!!

You and DH deserve to get away on a nice trip and have some fun

1804812_tn?1329681157
by sadiegirl69, Jan 18, 2012
Good for you!!!  Enjoy yourself, relax and even consider a glass of wine (just 1 won't hurt) so that you can really wind down.  Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

1152782_tn?1366311480
by ConnieG, Jan 18, 2012
I'm glad you're going on the trip. ENJOY!! Safe travels!

BETA sounds fantastic.  I hope your next US is with the one that did this transfer! Maybe that RE will be able to shed better light on this.

I really hope this bean sticks!  I like everyone else's suggestion.  Be cautiously hopeful ;)

Sticky sticky dust

Post a Comment