All Journal Entries Journals

Help

Nov 25, 2012 - 6 comments

My doctor wants these babies out at 38 weeks. We were hoping that I would go into labor naturally, but everything seems pretty stagnant thus far so there is no guarantee. So, which has less risk? C-section or induction? I can opt for either but I am not entirely sure how to proceed. i need to make my decision by this tuesday. Anyone have any thoughts? Advice? Experience with these things?

Comments
Post a Comment
2055066_tn?1375078450
by hepD, Nov 25, 2012
BTW, surgery does not scare me at all because I have had about 5 of them. So fear of recovery/surgery itself is not a factor in this decision. Thanks

1748995_tn?1361831771
by JennyB0125, Nov 26, 2012
He I know we are not "friends" but I saw your post cause of mutual freinds & I thought I would give my 2 cents. lol It's really up to you & the position of the babies if either of them are breech especially baby that is going to come out first is breech it would be best to opt for a c/s for safety of the babies.  It also depends on the size of the babies too.  I just hope you don't deliver one vag & then have to go for a c/s..that really *****! I hope it all plays out for the best, good luck!

2042868_tn?1343373505
by rballestra, Nov 26, 2012
Hello Help, I'd agree with Jenny, if the babies' positions are ok then no problem with inducing. However, if there's a chance even if its only little that one isn't in the best position, go for C/S. The recovery is ok, I've had 2 surgeries before too and didn't have any problem with recovery. Good luck sweetie and hope everything goes well.

1418198_tn?1380020103
by Rellyrell, Nov 26, 2012
Since both babies heads are down in in position for delivery I would go with the vaginal... Not sure if you'll haveich help after delivery but with a c-section you could be in unmanageable pain(not trying to scare you) I've had four and its pretty difficult to walk shortly after. So if you can have them vaginally I so go for it!!! Good Luck and God bless

2108578_tn?1356282229
by Jen1st_time_ivf, Nov 26, 2012
I've been induced twice and it was really the best for all. I didn't have any problems and that's definately the plan for the twins also. My dr told me that if one was head down and the other wasn't then when one came out the other one has a greater chance of coming head down too. And cs is major surgery and my dr said he didn't recommend it unless completely necessary. Good luck with which ever one you choose.

2055066_tn?1375078450
by hepD, Nov 26, 2012
thank you so much ladies. This helps tremendously!

Post a Comment