Feb 12, 2013
trying to find out whether my insurance went through or not is such a pain in the neck. i feel like im in limbo. so close to surgery but so uncertain it is actually going to happen. i want to make plans but i cant really. this waiting game is awful. i guess with chiari you learn to be patient. but it is such a hard lesson. i am no good at being patient. im one of those people who want it done now not later.
in a way i guess i do have some things planned out for when (if) i have surgery in march. the first week and a half/two weeks ill be staying with my grandmother, the next six weeks after that ill be with my mom. my school is putting me on an MSWR (medical seperation with return) so after im done with recoup ill be back in school in july to finish my office administration training and to hopefully finish cna (i had to stop cna when i started getting sick all the time and when the chiari headaches started getting much more frequent. cant lift if the pain pratically makes you collapse now can you?) as of right now, i dont know whether i will have anyone with me when i go into surgery. my dad, well, hes not a very reliable source when it comes to this, and my mom says she will be up that day she just doesnt know if it will be before or after i go in. though lots of people have said they will come visit me. i wont hold them to anything but its a nice thought. i am just hoping everything goes according to plan and there are no bumps. nothing to delay surgery or recovery for that matter. but i guess you have to prepare yourself for the worst right??