J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVM  
Male, 57
Plano, TX

Specialties: Urogynecolog, Pelvic Reconstructive Medicine

Interests: Women's Health, Bladder Diseases
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Plano, TX
My Posts
From your description it is difficult to tell what is actually going on. An examination by a urogynecologist can evaluate the mesh and determine if anything related to the mesh is an issue. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Any activity that increases the intra abdominal / pelvic pressure can make POP worse. Chronic cough, constipation, lifting heavy things, etc. So I would suspect that this activity could make your prolapse worse. That said, there is really know way of knowing for sure. You should be doing pelvic floor exercises regular however. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Jun 11, 2014 in the Urogynecology Expert Forum - 1
It appears your urine is normal from the testing. Not sure what you are seeing in the urine but it doesn't appear to represent a pathological process. As far as the vaginal itching goes, I assume you have had a culture and it was negative. We see a lot of patient with contact dermatitis that complain of vaginal itching. I instruct them to wear white ...
Providing there is nothing wrong with your uterus and ovaries, a hysterectomy is not necessary for Pelvic Organ Prolapse in many instances. I would suggest you see a board certified Urogynecologyist if you are considering surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and get a second opinion. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Jun 10, 2014 in the Urogynecology Expert Forum - 1
If you were feeling fine before the surgery, not fatigued, I would expect you to recover with in 12 weeks. I would suggest you get rest, take a vitamin and consider having some blood work done to make sure nothing else is going on. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
No. I assume you are menstruating and if so, menstrual blood is exiting the vagina through and opening in he hymen. Not sure what you are seeing but I would recommend you see a doctor for evaluation. If you are still seeing your pediatrician, they can examine you. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
I would suggest you seek a second opinion from a Urogynecologist in you area. This link should help you find someone. http://www.voicesforpfd.org/p/cm/ld/fid=81 J. Kyle Mathews, MD
May 27, 2014 in the Urogynecology Expert Forum - 1
I would suggest you see someone to rule out an infection. You can go to the drug store and purchase AZO Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips if you want to test yourself. J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Masturbation should not cause and increase in bladder activity. I would suggest you see a urogynecologist for evaluation of your complaints of Overactive Bladder. Please see the following link for more information.http://drjkm.com/incontinence/urge-incontinence/ J. Kyle Mathews, MD
May 27, 2014 in the Urogynecology Expert Forum - 1
From your description I doubt you have IC. I would suggest you see a urogynecologist in your area to be evaluated. It is possible to have soreness after an infection and some overactivity of the bladder as well. J. Kyle Mathews, MD