Womens Health

Gastroenterology

Related Forums Related Forums

Medical Communities
- Gastroenterology

spacer

Welcome to the Gastroenterology Forum! This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders, IBS, Stomach Pain.

Kevin Pho, M.D. Acid Reflux causes, symptoms and treatments
Kevin Pho, M.D.
Internal Medicine
Private Practice

Choking and coughing.

Forum: The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum
Topic: Swallowing

From ToPost
Miss Lucy
9/26/2002
.Please help anyone.
This use to happen only at night, I would wake up coughing and choking. Its started during the day now and is terrible, especially when I am out. I feel a sharp stabbing pain in the back of my throat and start coughing and my eyes start watering and I have to swallow swallow swallow, and my nose runs. I can't do anything else at that moment.

I don't have a cough otherwise or a blocked nose, or allergies.
I have to wait two weeks before I can get into my doctors.

This has been going on for about a year, I thought it was sinus but have been treated for that and still it happens.

Anyone have any ideas,I would be greatful for some feedback.

Thanks
Miss Lucy
Meli
10/14/2002
C1
.I have exactly the same symptoms in addition to some other problems. I have had two PH tests that showed severe gastric reflux, even though I rarely have heartburn. Reflux can cause a hoarse voice, coughing and choking.

[Thread closed to new comments]

Back to The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum Browse Archives of The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum tell a friend

For Emergency Call 911 For emergency, please see your doctor or call 911.

HONCode
MedHelp.org subscribes to the HONCode principles of the Health On the Net Foundation. Verify here.
spacer

Choking and coughing. - Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum