Womens Health

Ophthalmology

Related Forums Related Forums

Medical Communities
- Eye Care

spacer

Welcome to The Eye Care Forum! Our Ask A Doctor Ophthalmology Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

John C. Hagan III, MD, FACS John C. Hagan III, MD, FACS
Editor, Missouri Medicine medical journal; Board Certified Ophthalmologist, Discover Vision Centers
Roy S. Rubinfeld, MD Roy S. Rubinfeld, MD Ophthalmology, Georgetown University Med Ctr/Washington Hospital Center/Washington Eye Physicians and Surgeons
James J. Salz, MD James J. Salz, M. D. Clinical Professor, Ophthalmology; University of Southern California, Los Angeles
The American Academy of Ophthalmology

retina swelling eye injection

Forum: The Ophthalmology Forum
Topic: Cataracts

From ToPost
maizey
7/31/2007
.Shortly before Christmas, 2006 I had cataract surgery in my rt. eye. After one month my vision deteriorated and I was told I had swelling in the retina of the eye. I received two steroid shots in the eye. The first one was okay, but the second one, evidently, pierced the muscle underneath the eye. This has caused swelling underneath the eye and also has left a residue of the steroid injetion in the eye. This has caused the eye to become inflammed. Have been going to the opthamologist continuely since. They have finally agreed that the injection pierced the muscle underneath the eye and two opthamologists in the practice have told me that it will take time, but that the swelling and the residue should go away. When you pull the lower eyelid down, the residue remaining looks like a "glob" in the eye. The opthamologist said if it doesn't go away, he can surgically remove it, but I wouldn't like that surgery. My vision doesn't seem to be hampered by this condition, but everyone asks me what is wrong with my eye as the "glob" causes the white of the eye to be red and inflammed. Can you give me your opinion of this case. Thanks, so much.

[Thread closed to new comments]

Back to The Ophthalmology Forum Browse Archives of The Ophthalmology Forum tell a friend

For Emergency Call 911 For emergency, please see your doctor or call 911.

HONCode
MedHelp.org subscribes to the HONCode principles of the Health On the Net Foundation. Verify here.
spacer

retina swelling eye injection - Ophthalmology Forum