Womens Health

Ophthalmology

Related Forums Related Forums

Medical Communities
- Eye Care

spacer

Welcome to The Eye Care Forum! Our Ask A Doctor Ophthalmology Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

John C. Hagan III, MD, FACS John C. Hagan III, MD, FACS
Editor, Missouri Medicine medical journal; Board Certified Ophthalmologist, Discover Vision Centers
Roy S. Rubinfeld, MD Roy S. Rubinfeld, MD Ophthalmology, Georgetown University Med Ctr/Washington Hospital Center/Washington Eye Physicians and Surgeons
James J. Salz, MD James J. Salz, M. D. Clinical Professor, Ophthalmology; University of Southern California, Los Angeles
The American Academy of Ophthalmology

Abnormally Large Pupils

Forum: The Ophthalmology Forum
Topic: Children's Eye Health

From ToPost
ladyAmmie
8/13/2007
.My daughter has been going to the optometrist since she was 8 1/2. Her eye doctor asked her yesterday if she was driving yet, she told him no, but she had her permit. He told her the following:
Him: I don't want to freak you out...
her: Oh-no...
Him: but this May happen at some point in your life, and I don't want you to worry.
Her: uh.. ok?
Him: If you are ever pulled over, you may be questioned and given a sobriety test; along with others, because you have Abnormally Large Pupils.

He has been logging this since she was 8, and no... she's not on anything. Should I be worried? He seemed to act like it's not a big deal (however now she has to drive around with a doctor's note of explanation). She doesn't have any diseases that we know of, but could this be a bigger deal then he made it sound?

[Thread closed to new comments]

Back to The Ophthalmology Forum Browse Archives of The Ophthalmology Forum tell a friend

For Emergency Call 911 For emergency, please see your doctor or call 911.

HONCode
MedHelp.org subscribes to the HONCode principles of the Health On the Net Foundation. Verify here.
spacer

Abnormally Large Pupils - Ophthalmology Forum