Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
185545 tn?1331074866

where are all the street junkys?

i been reading posts here for a while now and have noticed that most people posting hav prob wif rx meds.where r all u dtoxing smak addicts hiding.dont get me wrong.opiate addiction is opiate addiction.i just find it hard to relate to post menopausal women addicted to benzos(and in screaming denial)who had a constant stream of steady meds via their doc.
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First of all it sounds like you are belittling and making lite of "postmenopausal" women...I don't know your story and would never judge who you are or what you do...secondly, it sounds as if you have already judged some of us. I said it before and I will stick to my guns...addiction does NOT discriminate...it is pure hell for all of us. We all come here for some piece of mind and help in dealing with our issues,  whatever they may be.  I've met young men,middle aged men, young women, middle aged women on meth, heroin, opiates, etc.  It's ALL bad!  We are here for EVERYONE!
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
If you're wondering where all the "street junkies" are, well, they're probably on the street.
Why don't you go lookfor them.
Helpful - 0
I traded addictions I went from the street in Detroit to the RX meds. I was around when we used to use old school works. A push-up stick, a Pacifier with a couple of rubber bands, and some points with a $200 a day habit.
There here, some just might not be ready to talk about them.
Helpful - 0
There is not difference where a junkie or addict hangs his hat. Is there a difference between an addict who is  a doctor to a homeless person who is an addict. Maybe one the doctor can keep his ass out of jail.
When I finally went to detox to get help in Jan of 06 with the ammount of pills I was taking a day the doctor told me that my withdrawls would be a powerful as the worst Heroin addict on the street.
Welcome, stick around and do some reading. You can find help here. I am as tough as they come and you can ask me anything. I'm 51 and been there and I am not Glamorizing my addictive experiences I just want you to know I've done time, I've lived in the street.

hellc@mst good luck to you and I hope you give the people here at this site a chance. Maybe you can connect with someone.

take care
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
Either you're here for help and to share your experiences or you're here to be a total jerk about it.  
Decide which one of those people you want to be.

Helpful - 0
my husband and i are your so called street junkies...i just found this site yesterday and i could not be happier...these people have so many stories and thoughts to share with us it is unbelievable...guess the only difference in our addictions is they dont spend 1000 a week on pills...who in their right mind would...so please dont put the ones you dont know down for something we really have in common...
Helpful - 0
I am listening.  Lets talk.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
of course im here for help.the post menopausal bit was a bit harsh but the benzo bit was on the money.i just feel like a teenager in an old peoples home looking 4 a grlfriend.thanks to ne street addict brave enuff to unmask themselves on this forum.im encouraged to c there r others here who hav been thru similar experiences on the other side.
Helpful - 0
again i want to point out that we are all the same...we are addicts...isnt the only common bond we need...its just like you say though, i guess you are looking for that one thing in common with someone...well i guess i am it...ive been on drugs since i was 18...im 31 now...my hubby has been on them since he was 18 and he is 23 now...i look forward to that glorious day when i we wake up and dont go straight to the pills...maybe i go and kiss my girls first one time...hmmm...i was hooked on coke, ice, xanax, and now tabs...i couldnt even make it through yesterday of trying c/t...it kills me inside...but i do know that these people have some wonderful and encouraging words for me...

write me back and tell me your story...would love yo hear it...
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
cheers.thnx 4 ur comments.just hanging and venting.my storys the same old same old stereotypical hard luck fable.dope offerd a convenient out.crime,jails,dtox,rehab,NA,methadone,relapse ad nauseum.am 31.old enuf 2 no better, young enuff 2 give sobriety a good shot.not gonna go into volume.addicts are notorious for hyperbole,puffing themselves up but i was a heavy user.as well as opiates i have a love hate relationship wif benzos.which is why i cant understand why people wuld use them while withdrawing.
Helpful - 0
Hi;
The reasons some do use them while withdrawing is because they help to limit the anxiety one feels during withdrawel. While you may love/hate them, others that do not normally use them..they help when coming off the opiates. Not alot of comfort but they do help many with the anxiety and panic one can feel going off the opiates.
Hope this clears that up.
Welcome to the forum
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
yeah i get that.ive dtoxd enuff times to appreciate the relief a benzo can offer.i think people giving up one drug up with the help of another are setting themselves up.addicts by nature stuggle to responsibly use any med wif euphoric properties.i think its risky behaviour and comprimises recovery.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
I AM NOT A STREET JUNKIE OR ADDICTED TO ANYTHING "BUT" I AM THE MOTHER OF FOUR SONS, THREE OF WHICH ARE ADDICTS.  EACH ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF JAIL TOO MANY TIMES TO REMEMBER.  THE YOUNGEST (20) IS A CRACK ADDICT.  I HAVE SPENT OVER $100,000.00 ON HIM FOR REHAB. IN THE LAST TWO YEARS.  MY NEXT SON WILL BE 29 IN A MONTH.  HIS DRUG OF CHOICE IS CRYSTAL METH (ICE).  JUST SPENT ANOTHER $6,000.00 ON REHAB AROUND 6 MONTHS AGO.  ONCE AGAIN, HE IS OUT OF CONTROL.  MY 30 YEAR OLD IS BI-POLAR AND SMOKES POT ALL DAY LONG, AND I MEAN ALL DAY LONG.  MY YOUNGEST SON IS 19.  HE DOESN'T DRINK, SMOKE OR DO DRUGS AND IS GOING TO AUBURN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING ON A FULL SCHOLARSHIP...GO FIGURE!

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ASK ALL OF YOU THE SAME QUESTION I HAVE ASKED MY OWN SONS MANY TIMES OVER.
   WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO KILL YOURSELF?
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
your boys r blessed 2 have a mother like you.i wish i knew why i put myself and my family thru such an ongoing ordeal.got no answers 4 u unfortunately.i encourage u to continue 2 support your sons and to beware of inadvertantly enabling their addictions.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
I DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO TRY AND NOT ENABLE THEM.  IF THEY GO TO JAIL, THEY DO NOT GET BAILED OUT UNTIL THEIR HEARING.  I DO NOT PAY FOR ATTORNEYS ANYMORE...THEY CAN GET THEIR OWN PUBLIC DEFENDER.  THOSE DAYS ARE OVER!  I EVEN BLOCK MY PHONE FROM RECEIVING COLLECT CALLS.

MY 20 YEAR OLD WENT TO A WILDERNESS CAMP AND THEIR AFTERCARE PROGRAM WHEN HE WAS 17 AND FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL THERE.  HE CAME HOME AND RELAPSED WITHIN THREE MONTHS.  ABOUT SIX MONTHS LATER, HE CAME TO US AND ASKED FOR HELP.  HE KNEW THAT HE NEEDED LONG TERM AND MORE THAN ANYTHING NEEDED TO GET AWAY FROM HERE AND HIS SO CALLED FRIENDS.  HE STAYED IN A WONDERFUL PROGRAM FOR 14 MONTHS AND "SO FAR SO GOOD".  WHILE IN THE PROGRAM, HE HAD A JOB AND STARTED COLLEGE.  BECAUSE OF ALL THE SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY AND THE CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE PROGRAM THERAPISTS, HE DECIDED TO STAY IN THAT TOWN.  HE HAD HIS PROBATION TRANSFERRED AND IS DOING GREAT.  I KNOW THAT CHANCES ARE THAT HE WILL RELAPSE, AND MAYBE EVEN MORE THAN ONCE, BUT I FEEL AT THIS POINT IN HIS LIFE, HE HAS THE KNOWLEDGE AND TOOLS TO GET RIGHT BACK ON TRACK.  I CAN ONLY PRAY THAT HE MAKES IT.

MY SON (ICE) THAT JUST RECENTLY GOT OUT OF REHAB HAS ALREADY RELAPSED...AND JUST LAST WEEK I BOUGHT HIM SOME WHITE SWEAT PANTS AND SWEATSHIRT AND TOLD HIM HE WAS GOING TO BE NEEDING THEM SOON FOR JAIL...AND THAT WILL BE ALL HE GETS FROM ME.  I SENT HIM TO A PROGRAM WHEN HE WAS 16 AND NOT AGAIN UNTIL HE WAS 28.  I FINISHED THE ENABLING YEARS AGO.

I WILL HELP ANYONE, AND NOT JUST MY SONS, THAT HELP THEMSELVES.  DON'T CRY TO ME AND SAY "I DON'T WANT TO DO IT" AND THEN GO HIT THE STREETS.  IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO DRUGS THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  GO TO MEETINGS 7 DAYS A WEEK IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES.  CHANGE YOUR FRIENDS AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY NEW FRIENDS FOR AWHILE THEN, OH WELL.  GO TO CHURCH, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES, AND BEG FOR GOD'S GUIDANCE AND STRENGTH.  WORDS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME FROM AN ADDICT...NO ONE IS A BETTER LIAR THAN AN ADDICT.  IF MY SONS "SHOW" ME THEY MEAN BUSINESS, THEN I WILL DO EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE TO HELP THEM.
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
your wise 2 distrust the active addict.i have done many things that have run contrary to my moral fibre or lack thereof and have used dope to anaethsatise the guilt.I feel like a dog chasing my tail going round and round and getting nowhere.i see myself in many people here and those who arent ie ur boys.mayb like me they would benefit from this site.i no it has reaffirmed my decision to clean up and steel my resolve to stay the course.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
I WISH YOU LUCK AND WILL PRAY FOR YOUR RECOVERY.  JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT DO IT ALONE...REACH OUT AND BE ACTIVE IN YOUR RESOLVE
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.