Aa
A
A
A
Close

Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community

This is a patient community for atrial septal defect (ASD). Discussions include symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and support.
41 - 60 (of 95) questions
Should I be concerned about contracting a virus ( common cold) or a bacterial infection such as strep throat. I had three patches put in ...
Has anyone had ASD diagnosed so that normal 2D echocardiography would have shown all good, but still found ASD in EET?
I had asd open heart surgery few days back,its about 17days from the operation. So is it safe to go to college after completing one month
Does anyone have afib? Do you have attacks? What do you do? I am taking flacanide 75mg twice a day now. It has taken my body over 2 w...
Hi everyone, I have been scouring the internet for an answer to this, but all results seem to be focused on clinical findings, not actu...
hye i got an asd done 3 mths back i just wanted to know if i can participate in my sports regular activity can i flly?and will there be a...
I am going for ASD closure with amplazer device in Feb. Scared 2 death. Is this a relatively safe procedure. I am unemployed and grieving...
Dear Mr. R. Boris M.D., My son has cardiology problem. At the age of 1 month 1week,we found through Echocardiography that "A small...
my kid was detected with asd 5mm[i-r shunt] at birth. After a follow up around 1.5 months asd was reduced to 2 mm. Now at 3 month check ...
Hello...:I am 23yrs old nw..i underwent asd closure one nd half yr bck...nw my parents r asking me to get married..so will there be any p...
Hi - I have just been told that I have a ASD or PFO after a cardiac catheterisation and have to go for a TEE. I have a mildly enlarged l...
Hi all. My baby, at 2 months has a small primum ASD measuring 2.6 mm. Do small ASDs close on its own, or require surgery? Especially prim...
I am headed to UAB next week for a surgical cath, but everything I read online says that primum requires surgery. I am not sure if the do...
Hi my mother is 48 years old now and was complaining about tiredness and giddiness from past couple of months . She also had a stroke rec...
I have a 2 year old beautiful girl who has ASD Pulmonary Stenosis. She was dx at birth. She has had a stent put in because her valve was ...
I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and hal...
Since i was 5 ive been wetting the bed im now 21 no ones ever found a cause i only stopped when i was pregnant with my daughter n shes 2 ...
I am from India.my daughter was diagnosed with ASD 7 mm, left to right shunt, RVOI Gradient 28 mm+g. ASD mild PS when she was one and hal...
Hi am 30 year old, recently during routine check up using 2D echo for heart found that i have an ASD from left to right of size 6.5MM. An...
Life went on well with fun till such time i came to know that im a heart patient with Conginental heart Disease.I m told i have devloped ...
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.