Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.
61 - 80 (of 91) questions
Hi am 30 year old, recently during routine check up using 2D echo for heart found that i have an ASD from left to right of size 6.5MM. An...
My son is 20 months old and has had many health issues due to delay in myelination in his brain. He was also diagnosed with moderate Atri...
3 answers |
Hello, my name is Amber and I am mom to 4 great kiddos:0) My youngest son, Jakob is 11yo. When he was 3 weeks old he was diagnosed with n...
1 answer |
Greetings, I am a 47 year old male who had an 18mm ASD repaired using a 22mm Amplatzer device a little over 7 months ago. Good news: ...
Is this the proper forum to talk about this condition? Thanks!
2 answers |
I had an ASD / mitral valve repair at the age of 6 1/2, and I've been visiting with my cardiologist twice per year ever since (I'm 21 now...
2 answers |
Late last year, I underwent successful cardiac ablation for lifelong Circus Movement Tachycardia. The ablation was performed in the Left...
2 answers |
Hi, I found this info in our Health Pages! What is Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)? http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/280/Heart/W...
1 answer |
The results of a Persantine Stress Test with Radioisotope Perfusion are as follows: Stress myocardial perfusion results - large area of ...
1 answer |
Hi, I am 61 years old man with ASD and this week I was found the hole is 15mm x 17mm. In the past 61 years life, I didn't feel there were...
3 answers |
I am 39 and was just diagnosed with ASD. I have been having several problems as expected. I was wondering, at my age, what i should exp...
1 answer |
I am 48 years now. I had ASD device closure 9 months back (amplatzer) and through special catheters)l. Two months before the procedur...
1 answer |
I had my asd device closure six months back. I feel intermittently increased blood flow in my head. During sleeping I wake up after a sei...
1 answer |
HI new to this, my daughter was diagnosed with an asd at the age of 3 months, she had 5 holes which have reduced to just 2 one being 6mm,...
1 answer |
I had my ASD Device Closure 3yrs ago.Luckily Since Then There has been no complications so my parents are forcing me to get married but I...
1 answer |
I was told this week that the hole in my heart that was diagnosed in December is actually an atrial septal aneurysm. This neurologist to...
1 answer |
hello every one my problem is that pulse from my radial artery is visible and some also it is visible in foot what is it?????????????
1 answer |
My 7 year old won was born with a 10 mm VSD a small PFO and had a PDA the VSD needed to be repaired, while they were in there they ligat...
1 answer |
My 13 yr old daughter had an abnormal ekg and is now awaiting an appointment w/a pediatric cardiologyst. The ekg showed enlarged right ve...
4 answers |
Can u please tell me the difference between ventricular septal defect (VSD) & Atrial septal defect (ASD).If some one has hole in VSD or A...
2 answers |
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
92 Members
91 Questions
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.