Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community

WELCOME to the ATRIAL SEPTAL DEFECT COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a hole in the part of the septum that separates the atria (the upper chambers of the heart). This hole allows oxygen-rich blood from the left atrium to flow into the right atrium instead of flowing into the left ventricle as it should. This means that oxygen-rich blood gets pumped back to the lungs, where it has just been, instead of going to the body.
81 - 100 (of 92) questions
Can u please tell me the difference between ventricular septal defect (VSD) & Atrial septal defect (ASD).If some one has hole in VSD or A...
2 answers |
My friend is 21 weeks pregnant and was told today that her little boy might have an Atrioventricular Septal Defect. She is really devasta...
1 answer |
WHAT HAPPENS IF ASD IN ELDERS AGED 50 YEARS IS NOT REPAIRED. ASD IS NOT NOTICED IN MY CASE TILL 49 YEARS. I DID NOT FACE ANY PROBLEM SO F...
3 answers |
If large secundum type atrial septal defect caused enlargement of right atrium and ventricle with moderate tricuspid regurgitation and mo...
2 answers |
Hi . My baby 15 days age having a hole 2 mm on heart called atrial septal defect. any problem or any thing dengerous?
2 answers |
I have just had an ASD repaired by open heart surgey. I was aware that the right side of my heart was dilated. In the letter from the con...
1 answer |
Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Community
93 Members
92 Questions
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.