Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.
1 - 20 (of 263) questions
Hi, My uncle has obesity problem, he weighs 215 kg's approximately, He wants to have a Gastric Bypass Surgery or any other what doctors s...
Hi there, I’m new to the forum, and hope someone can give me some information about gastric bypass surgery and hyperthyroidism. I’m hyp...
Hi, I am a 52 year old woman who was always suspected of hypothroidism. I have always had a weight problem but, because I always ate heal...
I was banded in 2010 and my band is removed in Nov 2016. Main reason being that I had the burp a lot. Not only after I eat something but ...
I had gastric bypass in late 2012. Recent cholesterol results from primary doctor were total 159. HDL 69. Direct LDL 76. Seems very good,...
So this is a little graphic, sorry, but I need some help. I’m very overweight and my stomach hangs over my front. I’ve had issues with cy...
So this is a little graphic, sorry, but I need some help. I’m very overweight and my stomach hangs over my front. I’ve had issues with cy...
I keep reading about complications regardiong the fills , post op, getting back to eating foods. Is it really that terrible? Would you ...
Are you severely overweight and weight loss surgery is the only option for you now? Are you a doctor who works with patients that are mo...

I'm having the sleeve done in 6-8 weeks. I'm very excited! Any tips, wise words the doctor may have missed, success stories, etc?
I had my original RnY Bypass in October of 2016. My first two post op hospital admissions were for pancreatitis. After that the hospita...
I am 5 weeks post gastric bypass and I would like to ask if possible to have a glass of wine now and what is the risk if you did it now?
I am thinking really hard on doing weight loss surgery. I would really benifit from it for several reasons. I am 32 years old and I am bo...
I had the rouy n y (i know that's not how you spell it) I had it done 2011 I was 240 the day of surgery and I'm down to about 130ish! ...
In 1989,I was almost 300lbs & had a gastric bypass.For the past 2yrs.,I've had lab results with extremely low Vit. D,Vit. B12 & elevated ...
Hey ! I am 25 years old and I think I am going through a very difficult situation in my life. Whenever I have strong emotions, whether i...
Has anyone suffering from weight gain as a result of medications for mental illness had lap band surgery? Our son has gained over one hu...
I have SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE dumping syndrome AND late dumping syndrome. I'm malnourished which has led to being only 105 pounds, blind in...

I just has the y bypass dont on the 15th I am doing good lost 22 lbs but I need someone to talk to thats had this done.If there is anyone...
Please Help!! I live in Seattle and want my Lap Band removed NOW anyone from Seattle that knows where to get that done locally??
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.