Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.
41 - 60 (of 262) questions
I started out at 286lb and before my pregnancy I was 110lb I lost 176lbs. Because of my severe problem with food horrible pain after mea...
I had my surgery in 1999 and lost 175 lbs, I have put 60 lbs back on and can't seem to lose it, and I'm really wanting to get back to a h...
I had my band removed 2 months ago after 2 yrs in as i couldn't eat anything and had bad heartburn and black vomiting. Even though the ba...
I am considering a gastric sleeve as I am overweight and unable to lose the weight despite exercise and diet attempts. My question is; gi...
I'm 19 months post- sleeve and 8 weeks pregnant. I have gain 16lbs in the past 3 weeks. I'm nervous what will happen if the trend continu...
I am seeing many many questions and posts about having bands removed and eating around bands. I think it is very important to remember a ...
I had my lap band put in August 2005, going on 9 years now, in Tijuana, MX. I went back 3 times to get fills which, looking back, was a m...
PLEASE HELP.... My 18 yr old daughter is 5 weeks post op gastric bypass surgery, she had a stricture dilation last week, and another 1 ju...
Hi everyone, I'm really at a crossroads and am having trouble deciding if I should have weight loss surgery or not. I'm currently about ...
I had gastric bypass in 2007, and I lost 100lbs but now, IM sick all the time horrible stomache cramps, usually on my left side. Boughts...
i use to smoke within 1 month, sometimes i feel pain in my testicle, and one day when i masturbate, there was a little amount of semen wa...
I was wondering if anyone out there has PCOS and has gone through the gastric banding. My doctor has mentioned it and I was wondering if ...
My husband had Bariatric surgery in mid March. Then the last day of April was involved in a minor car collision, where he was hit in the ...
I had the surgery done in Aug 1994 - I went from 285 to 180(went as low as 165, but that was underweight so I gained some). I have se...
Hi, I think you're all brave, dedicated and motivated people. I am not overweight or obese, so for me, lap band would be elective and e...
Any suggestions to get back on track. Had surgery 8 years ago and did well for couple years but have gained 75 pounds back. Any advise. ...
I had bariatric surgery three years ago called gastric sleeve. The only problem I have is butt cheek aches. I can't sit too long or lay o...
Hi Guys, here is an interesting and informational article... Weight Loss Surgery may keep diabetes and heart woes at bay for long period...
Decided to get this done. But they insist on a blood test the day of the surgery for smoking. I am trying to quit but my New wife is a sm...
I am obese at BMI 42, obs sleep apnea, non compliance of CPAP. Center obesity is main factor. Critical low on growth hormones-age 55. Sug...
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.