Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.
13 - 18 (of 271) questions
I had gastric bypass in late 2012. Recent cholesterol results from primary doctor were total 159. HDL 69. Direct LDL 76. Seems very good,...
So this is a little graphic, sorry, but I need some help. I’m very overweight and my stomach hangs over my front. I’ve had issues with cy...
So this is a little graphic, sorry, but I need some help. I’m very overweight and my stomach hangs over my front. I’ve had issues with cy...
Are you severely overweight and weight loss surgery is the only option for you now? Are you a doctor who works with patients that are mo...

I'm having the sleeve done in 6-8 weeks. I'm very excited! Any tips, wise words the doctor may have missed, success stories, etc?
I had my original RnY Bypass in October of 2016. My first two post op hospital admissions were for pancreatitis. After that the hospita...
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.