Bipolar Disorder Community

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders
41 - 60 (of 7795) questions
I just learned my husband was diagnosed with bipolar (i believe type 1) about 5 years ago. I am supportive of him and want to make everyt...
2 answers | 2 comments |
My psychiatrist would like to change me from Seroquel to Abilify because Seroquel makes me feel very drowsy. I have read different things...
2 answers | 1 comment |
I thought I would take this time to share what I learned from study or experience from my year off in 2017. The floor is open to anyone ...
1 answer |
I am on 20mg of Abilify, but I really don't think that is the problem. I am sleeping four and five days at a time, then I will be up for ...
17 answers | 1 comment |
I've read about it many times and have been going through hell with my 30 year old BP daughter who has been blaming me since she turned ...
8 answers | 2 comments |
I have been on just about every antipsychotic medication there is for schizoaffective disorder, and I have experienced severe rapid weigh...
6 answers |
My partner has diagnosed bi polar and I have stuck by him for the past 8 years or so. He has ignored me, screamed at me, lied to me and ...
2 answers | 1 comment |
I'm so desperate for help. I can't sleep and I feel like I'm losing it. The stress is too much. My psychiatrist hasn't returned my calls ...
1 answer |
Should there be three sub-forums for Bipolar since there are three of more different, but related mood disorders? They are: Bipolar I Dis...
2 answers |
I am now bipolar taking lithium for 6 months. Before that being misdiagnosed I was taking some antidepressants and antipsychotics too .I...
1 answer |
I have a 10 yr old daughter who is having some behavioral issues at home. She is under stress at school and home. I am trying to figure o...
1 answer | 3 comments |
I suspect my 16 year old has bipolar disorder. She stopped doing school work this year. She instead writes essays about how she's going t...
1 answer |
Sooo..I am a Social Worker who works with somebody who is Bipolar. He is very High functioning and very smart, and basically can do alo...
5 answers |
I’ve been taking Abilify for about a month now, for my bipolar depression. But yesterday my doctor decided to add Wellbutrin as a combina...
Is this unusual? Has this happened to any one else? What do you think is happening? I started Lamictal very slowly, 25mg each week and I ...
8 answers | 4 comments |
Hi Everyone, Please keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers for me. I am having a baby due on Monday the 12th. I had to stay ...
23 answers | 5 comments |
I have Bipolar 2 , PTSD , Panic Disorder and have Borderline Personality Disorder . I have more depression than mania. I was on Depakote ...
4 answers |
Hello, Before I start, I would like to mention a few things. I have been diagnosed with ADHD combined(mild), Anxiety(NOS), and Bipolar d...
1 answer | 5 comments |
I have been on Lithium since about June or July of 2011. At my highest dosage, I was on 1350 mg. At that point, my hair started falling o...
6 answers |
Hi, I am 38 and recently had something happen to me unlike anything before. I was completely delusional, yet functional for a couple of ...
11 answers |
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Bipolar Disorder Community
4.94k Members
7.8k Questions
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.