Aa
A
A
A
Close

Burns Community

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.
13 - 18 (of 168) questions
Symptoms include an intense, stinging pain, itching, rash, and raised welts.The progressive effects of a jellyfish sting may include naus...
I have a bad sunburn on both my legs with my ankles swelling and skin is really tight. I am hardly able to walk or stand without pain and...
Dry gangrene:The affected area becomes cold and numb.Initially, the affected area becomes red.Then, it develops a brown discoloration.Fin...
Most people with minor chemical burns do not need to be admitted. Most can go home after arranging follow-up care with a doctor. Patients...
Human bites can be either accidental or intentional.Intentional bite injury: This generally happens during fights and can result in a wid...
Just as at home, the first step is to stop the bleeding.If the direct pressure is not enough, a blood pressure cuff can help as a tempora...
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions