Chiari Malformation Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.
1 - 20 (of 11752) questions
I'm 4 weeks post op from a very complicated Chiari revision surgery. I had titanium hardware removed, after my dura & brain was detached ...
1 answer |
I've always heard swallowing problems are part of Chiari. I'm wondering when I should become concerned? I definitely have noticed myself ...
1 answer | 2 comments |
I know this is a weird question and I never thought about it until very recently. I was dx with CM1 about 5 years ago for headaches by M...
10 answers |
Hi guys. So I've been diagnosed with chairi a few months. My neurologist said this was an 'incidental' finding and not related to any sym...
2 answers | 4 comments |
We are planning a trip to Colorado this summer. A drive up to Pike's Peak and other activities in the Rocky Mountains. I'm very active an...
1 answer | 1 comment |
Hi Guys, I had the Foramen Magnum Decompression surgery 3 months ago due to horrible symptoms of Chiari Malformation 1. (Disorientated...
1 answer | 2 comments |
Hi, I had surgery for a Chiari Malformation this year. After many problems after surgery it was discovered I had hydrocephalus also. I ha...
1 answer |
Hi. So I'm looking a bit of advice. I've been called back for a review with my neurologist who seems to think my chiari has nothing to do...
1 answer |
Hi there...I have had vertigo for several months now and the doctors cannot explain medically why this is happening to me. An MRI shows ...
26 answers | 3 comments |
My sister is diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation and can't find a pillow that doesn't hurt her back of neck when sleeping. Does anyone h...
8 answers | 1 comment |
I am posting this here as it seems not many utilize the Health Pages and I want this to be seen by ALL!! The subject no one wants to h...
58 answers | 14 comments |
I went to my PCP about the body pain, he said it was from the Keppra. That is one of the main side effects. When I called the new nuro he...
8 answers | 1 comment |
2 months ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and on my 6 week med check I had mentioned to the dr that I had recently started falling f...
1 answer | 2 comments |
Hi please list your surgery dates here on this thread if you would like a Prayer Thread posted for any upcoming surgeries....list what ty...
1 answer | 2 comments |
Hi all! I will be having decompression surgery on 6/4 5 hours away from home out of state. I'll be staying near the hospital where I'm ha...
1 answer | 2 comments |
Please help! I have a diagnosis of syringomyelia and Chiari. I have had two stents placed to help with syrnixes. I have had a fusion done...
2 answers | 1 comment |
I see that "difficulty swallowing" could be a symptom of this. I would like to know what exactly this feels like? Is it like a sore throa...
18 answers | 3 comments |
Hey my name is Christina. I'm 16 and i'm having a chiari decompression, lamenectomy, and duraplasty in less than two weeks. I was wonde...
17 answers | 6 comments |
I haven't had any glaring issues since my spinal decompression in Jan 2011, I am, all things considered, lucky in my Chiari diagnosis. ...
1 answer |
Hi everyone i had chiari and i found when i threw up all day long and i had surgery. I feel good now but i have problem on my left eye cu...
3 answers | 5 comments |
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
1756321 tn?1499064984
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Chiari Malformation Community
5.08k Members
11.8k Questions
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease