Cirrhosis of the Liver Community

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments
61 - 80 (of 888) questions
I believe that he feels either untreatable or unworthy due to our addiction. He seems to have little to no problems with fatigue or pain...
1 answer | 2 comments |
My husband was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis about 2 years ago. He stopped drinking but then went back and drank for about a year. He no...
1 answer |
I had an US done a few months ago and after examining them myself, I have noticed a discrepancy in one of the results. The HEPATIC VEIN w...
1 answer |
Liver cirrhosis and breaking out in hives daily
1 answer |
My dad had kidney failure almost 4 years ago - two years ago he was diagnosed with Fatty Liver Disease - SEVERE - Never a drinker but i...
7 answers | 1 comment |
My son is 1year 11 months old he is having Glycogen storage in his liver kindly help with any such patients contact just want to know wha...
1 answer |
I recently had an internal bleed - not serious but now I am taking Nadolol (Corgard). Is this a for the rest of my life thing? My blood p...
1 answer | 2 comments |
According to my lab, I have high levels of my liver enzyme test. AST = 55 U/L Reference: <40 ALT = 47 U/L Reference: <41 What ca...
8 answers | 8 comments |
Hello, I received my fibrospect ii test results. Score is F0-F2,compared to Metavir none to mild, liver fibrosis. Abouy 13 years ago,li...
1 answer | 2 comments |
I am a 53 year old female who drank heavily everyday for the last 20 years. Usually five or six beers night. I have TOTALLY quit drinking...
2 answers |
my brother has hep c HCC Cirrhosis and has recently taken a turn for the worse he has to have 6 liters of fluid drained from his abdomen...
1 answer |
Hello everyone. I have been having TONS of symptoms since March and have been going through testing for them still but I am concerned abo...
4 answers | 1 comment |
I have been prescribed Nitrofurantoin by my Gastroenterologist and I am afraid to take it! Thank you!
1 answer |
Hi Guys, My father went a surgery 4 days back (Radio Frequency ablation) of 3 tumours in his liver. The doctors said 2 things - It is no...
3 answers |
Fecal microbiota transplants improve cognitive impairment caused by severe liver disease Fecal microbiome transfer significantly reduced...
2 answers | 1 comment |
A month ago my sgpt is 71 and i have gone med for a month then it became 66,but my sgot is 29. No im confused what could be the meaning o...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Happy anniversary to rpooo- your Community Leader! Please take a moment to reach out to rpooo, and give a shout out for how much you app...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Hello everyone, I'm almost 44yo, and chronic hep b probably since birth. The infection might have developed into cirrhosis, but need ano...
1 answer |
My liver is bad and the doctor want me to go on hospice but I know there something out there to help me, please
2 answers |
I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia in 2012, and was advised by the Dr. to take VitB12 shots. ( As Ive deficiency of it) I had lost we...
2 answers | 1 comment |
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Ro, Romania
Learn About Top Answerers
Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
659 Members
888 Questions
Popular Resources
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.
Learn about less common treatments for managing diabetes.