Congestive Heart Failure Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).
1 - 20 (of 1707) questions
My dad aged 65 is currently in hospital . He has had heart failure for 9 years and a week ago we told to come and say goodbye but somehow...
2 answers |
A relative who is in heart failure suffers terribly with painful ulcerating chilblains in the winter months has anyone had any treatment ...
1 answer |
Dilated or thickened of the right ventricular..
1 answer |
My hushand has been a diabetic for approximately 30 years. Recently he has suffered 3 bouts of congestive heart failure in one year. His ...
38 answers | 2 comments |
I’ve had this for 7 years and a bi-v pacemaker any chance to get better?
I’m 18 I’ve been having these weird symptoms for a little over a year now. My heart rate is really weird when im laying down its usually ...
A little bit about myself I am a 29 year old father of two full-time worker with a family history of heart disease my grandfather had i...
2 answers |
I am 24yr old and female. I recently went to have some blood work done and I found out that I have an extremely high triglyceride level w...
8 answers | 1 comment |
Hi all, Before I start, I should state that I am not looking for a diagnosis here, it would be idiotic of me to even think about asking ...
1 answer |
Sorry this is so lengthy, but I thought it best to explain everything that's going on to give you the best understanding and information ...
1 answer | 1 comment |
My 88 yr old dad was diagnosed with CHF approx. 2 yrs ago. He has a pacemaker/defibulator. One of his meds are Lasix 10mg daily. He we...
1 answer | 1 comment |
My friend started taking a slow release pill and hasn’t had any heart episodes but did notice an increase in mood swings...
Age:29 Sex:Female 9 weeks postpartum Ethnicity: Caucasian Weight: 154 Height: 5’7” Non smoker Medical problems:Asthma/Anxiety Med...
Hi! My 8yr old pup was just diagnosed with late stage CHF. The doc suggested meds to prolong life however I feel conflicted bc he was dia...
I had cardiomyopathy and CHF 12 years ago when I had my last child. Now I have some degree of cardiomyopathy again for unknown reason. ...
Earlier last year I started swelling was put on hyperchlorothiazide and my blood pressure has also been high from time to time. Been havi...
Hi had a total of 3 echos 1) EF 16. in 2014 2) EF 23 in 2016 3) EF 40-45 in 2017 In 2015 Started taking carvedilol 25mg 2x day ...
My step father is nearly 84 years old, he hasn't had a thing wrong with him in his whole life up until now. He went into hospital last we...
ECHO summary On 09/07/2017 : The left ventricle is mildly enlarged. Left ventricular systolic performance is severely reduced. The eje...
Hello - My sister has CHF and her doctor has talked to her about a fairly new drug called Entresto. She is excited about it, but I am wo...
2 answers | 2 comments |
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1499916784
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Congestive Heart Failure Community
1.58k Members
1.71k Questions
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.