Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cord Blood Community

Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.
21 - 40 (of 1538) questions
We are expecting and I keep hearing this thing about core blood and storage. Tell me a little more about it and if you used it what comp...
How does the cord blood get stored? How is it used? & How long can it be stored?

Hi, A sample of cord blood taken during the birth of our daughter was found to be contaminated with the following bacteria: Enterococcus...
We are still in the stages of TTC and are going to be taking the route of IVF. I wanted to start doing my research though on cord blood ...
We are in New Jersey and expecting our first child in Jan 2014. We were thinking of umbilical cord stem cell storage, but it's too exp...
I'm confident about my decision to bank my child's cord blood, however the difficult decision now is where I should do it. A friend was h...
ima be a mommie soon and i think i want to do this, but i have no idea how to start off can any of you tell me how to do this?
So if my babies dad brother has lukimia n has to get a stem cell transplant could he just use it right away or would it cost a fortune fo...
I was wondering if there has been any research with cord blood helping to cure psoriasis. I want to save my babies cord blood for my husb...
I know this is an odd question but I have to ask out of curiousity. When they take your umbilical cord and placenta at birth do they aut...
Hi, Please join me in welcoming Linzola1 as your new Community Leader! Linzola1 has experience and knowledge as it relates to Cord Bl...
I am new to this site and a new father to be in Feb 2010. I was wondering about core blood. Is this a good idea? Should I go private or...
I have been seriously thinking about the cord blood collection and I think I am going to do it. I know it is expensive but I dont want to...
I have been thinking about doing this and was wondering if anyone has any stories or knows of anyone who has used the cord blood? I am a...
how many of you are saving your babys cord blood?? I am almost 19 weeks pregnant and woudl like to save the babys cord blood but have fo...
Has anyone kept their newborns cord blood? My husband and I are pregnant with your last child and looking at the options of storing the ...
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.