Aa
A
A
A
Close

Eat Hearty, Drink Deep, Live Life Group

Eating and drinking need not be unpleasant to be healthy, if done in a mindful and moderate manner. One can even include food and beverages sometimes regarded as "suspect." Part of the secret is to look at what you prepare, look at your needs and match them in a joy-filled way! Mealtime should add to one's life; not just be a duty for fueling up.
1 - 20 (of 34) questions
Hey all, been awhile since I've posted here. Made this for dinner. New England Clam and Shrimp Chowder Foodstuffs: 1 c each cook...
Preheat oven to 375F. (4) 8-oz Atlantic Salmon fillets, place skin side down in a pan lined with oiled baking parchment Take 4-oz s...
Earlier this week, even though temps were in the high 90's, I had a hankering for baked haddock. Hmmm, thinks I, how to do that withou...
Southern cooking has never been accused of being 'health food'. Meatloaf: 2# lean HB meat, 2 eggs, 1 diced green bell pepper, 1 diced oni...
Apples, raisins, onion, honey, mead and apple pie spice mix. Made this as my contribution to a potluck dinner with friends last Saturd...
My herb garden is having a bumper crop this year. What is the best way to preserve these? Drying? If this is it, what's the best metho...
Hey all. Soup, stew, pasta and roast meat are my favorite types of dishes to cook (along with complimentary side dishes). For diner...
Been awhile! Simple comfort food from my childhood... Ingredients: 1# medium pasta shells - cook and drain per instructions (reserv...
One of our Cives on the Roman cooking list to which I belong bemoaned the fact that she had to "make-do" with chicken soup. This need ...
Just letting you know that we are rejuvenating the healthy cooking forum. Have two weekly fun postings - make over a recipe and the best...
Hey all; I hope the turn of the year brings better days for one and all. Here what I cooked up for our New Year's Day feast. I fou...
okay I have always loved meat loaf but somehow it never stays as moist as I would like, I try to let it cook slowly but its just not righ...
I make this as comfort food or when I am travelling on business and want to leave food for my guys. I like to make a big crock pot of it...
Makes 6 servings... Foodstuffs: 1 1/2# close trimmed, boneless pork ribs (6 pieces), 3 c diced Roma tomatoes with juice, 3 c diced gre...
... here in the northern 1/2 o' the globe ;-) Winter Warmer Beef Soup Foodstuffs: 2# well-trimmed chuck steak - cubed, 1/2# ea Port...
Hey all; Anita is in a "program" through the VA to try and shed some excess, some of which is a side-effect of her medications...so, w...
Good morning all; As I've been up since 4 AM, I started cooking lunch early. Looked in the fridge and spotted a couple of leftover,...
Here's a dish, which is portion controlled ,-) It combines two of our traditional naughty breakfast foods with an Italian influence. ...
Okay guys we have the big Dinner coming up, so am I too premature to ask for any new , interesting, unusual recipes maybe something that ...
I attended a small military college in Vermont, USA some 30-odd years ago, which had a great dining hall where we would be served at the ...
Popular Resources
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.