Aa
A
A
A
Close

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Group

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.
1 - 6 (of 132) questions
Good Morning, I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation in 2008 , Decompressed in 2012! I moved to ID recently to escape the long ha...
hey guys,i think i got type 1 eds.you see i workout at the gym and love dancing.was wondering if its ok for someone like me to carry out ...
Hi everyone! I have been recently diagnosed with EDS type III. The search for a diagnosis took more than 20 years, but finally I was able...
I do not have EDS, I apologize right now for any ignorance.The mother of a very close friend of mine however has the hypermobility type a...
Highly suspicious about having VEDS, is the "translucent skin", bruise easily and a clubbed foot at birth typically a hallmark of VEDS? B...
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I could have abit of help and advice please? :) I'm a 16 year old girl and I think I may have hyperm...
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.