Aa
A
A
A
Close

Emphysema Community

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.
21 - 40 (of 72) questions
6 years ago I had a heart attack that led to a Quad by pass(53yrs old) A year later was seeing Pulmanary Dr. Took all the breathing tes...
Do a lot of emphysema patients suffer from this? I have panic attacks==anxiety disorder, untreated. I read about it and next thing I thou...
I have been diagnosed with emphysema. I wasn't having any shortness of breath or any other problems, it was discovered during a routine ...
I am wondering why my boyfriend who has been diagnoised with emphysema and sleep apnea wakes up in the middle of the night having seizure...
Is it possible to get emphysema at age 16? I have a history of severe asthma. I use albuterol and advair diskus to help, but I haven't re...
My step-mom was diagnosed with moderate emphysema in October 2013. She is 78 and has been smoking a pack a day for 64 years. She won't qu...
Last april 2013 I was diagnosied with mild emphysema, my pulmanery test showed FEV1 67% Than I quit smoking and 4 months later I had the ...
recently I was told I had emphysema. my doctor put me on oxygen 2L any act. and at night. they also find 21.9 x 18.1 x 5.1 millimeters i...
I went for a preop and Dr said I have a very very minimal shadow and that its emphazema. Can they tell just by seeing the CT with no oth...
I presently use Xopenex in my nebulizer. I was wondering if anybody uses a Vicks vapor steam solution to inhale in their nebulizer? Are t...
I guess I just might need reassurance but my fiance was diagnosed with stage 3 COPD, emphysema, and black mold poisoning in his body. He ...
My husband's doctor diagnosed him with emphysema about a year ago, by listening to his lungs in the office. He said he had 5 years to li...
Greetings. I was diagnosed with COPD at 33 in 2006 and rediagnosed again this last year both times with spirometry. Both times it was m...
I was recently diagnosed with copd and asthma. I have wondered what the best meds for this. I m on symbicort 2xday.was on spiriva but to...
Having a FEV1 of 27%, twice a year I go for free checkups at a local public hospital here in Spain and see a different lung doctor every...
Hi! I was very abusive to my health until I had a very bad panic attack - fearing that I might stop breathing or my heart might stop. Fro...
STAGES AND LIFE EXPECTANCY
In Aug - 2011, I had a Left Hilar Lymphadenopathy shown in X-ray and CT. I coughed up blood on few occasions in the morning. I was initia...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one of the most common lung diseases. It makes it difficult to breathe. There are two mai...
I was recently diagnosed with "mild" emphysema from a CT scan that was run for another reason. I have had a PFT however, do not yet know...
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.