Emphysema Community

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.
41 - 60 (of 68) questions
emphysema can i stilll live a useful life
I understand emphysema and the causes,but my question is this,I no longer smoke,but I fond about other illness connected to emphysema suc...
A friend suffers from emphysema and was put on oxygen yesterday. He apparently needs it 24/7. He called this morning and said that he w...
1 answer |
Good evening. I'm currently care-taking for my 84-year-old father who was diagnosed with end-stage emphysema/COPD two years ago. At th...
2 answers |
coughing phlegm from lungs for the past six months, have taken antibiotics with no results, did take predrisone together with SPIRIVA 18...
2 answers |
Will emphysema cause my stomach to hurt?
2 answers |
Hello, I know there is no real absolute way to define anyone's end of life. I just need to know if anyone can give me a rough guesstimate...
1 answer |
I had been struggling with chest pains and shortness of breath and I was thinking I was having heart problems. This had been going for s...
1 answer |
I have been diagnosed with emphyzema and the hospital and doctors here in Corry PA have refused to give me any medication. My doctors nam...
1 answer |
I was recently diagnosed with emphysema. My mother thinks I will get better over time? I believe emphysema is a terminal disease but pr...
2 answers |
To: HELP! Thursday morning, i was getting ready for work when pain hit my chest and neck, almost brought me to my knees. i have severe C...
2 answers |
is the advair diskus 500/50 the equivalent to the advair hfa 115/21?
3 answers |
Recent MRI showed: Lung apices show chronic fibrotic change. What exactly does that mean?
prognosis for very advanced emphysema with lung function of 26% and BODE of 8
6 answers |
I have Emphysema. Is that the same thing as COPD?
1 answer |
My mom has been diagnosed with end stage emphysema. Big shock to all of us who knew she had lung disease but didn't know it was this ser...
8 answers |
pls. tell me what is the best diet for patient with emphysema?asap
2 answers |
I have been diagnosed with mild emphysema, I have drastically cut my smoking down to maybe 4 or 5 cigs a day, and hope to give up totally...
2 answers |
I am 52 yr. old male.I have been diagnosed with severe emphysema.Ive also been told I have a thickening of my heart wall on the right sid...
1 answer |
my father has been diagnosed with emphysema. he is only 53 years old. he is allready on steroids, oxygen, and bronchodilators. his o2 is...
1 answer |
Emphysema Community
71 Members
68 Questions
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.