Aa
A
A
Close
Emphysema Community
Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.
41 - 60 (of 68) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
emphysema can i stilll live a useful life
I understand emphysema and the causes,but my question is this,I no longer smoke,but I fond about other illness connected to emphysema suc...
A friend suffers from emphysema and was put on oxygen yesterday. He apparently needs it 24/7. He called this morning and said that he w...
1 answer |
Good evening. I'm currently care-taking for my 84-year-old father who was diagnosed with end-stage emphysema/COPD two years ago. At th...
2 answers |
coughing phlegm from lungs for the past six months, have taken antibiotics with no results, did take predrisone together with SPIRIVA 18...
2 answers |
Will emphysema cause my stomach to hurt?
2 answers |
Hello, I know there is no real absolute way to define anyone's end of life. I just need to know if anyone can give me a rough guesstimate...
1 answer |
I had been struggling with chest pains and shortness of breath and I was thinking I was having heart problems. This had been going for s...
1 answer |
2015548 tn?1328283741
I have been diagnosed with emphyzema and the hospital and doctors here in Corry PA have refused to give me any medication. My doctors nam...
1 answer |
I was recently diagnosed with emphysema. My mother thinks I will get better over time? I believe emphysema is a terminal disease but pr...
2 answers |
To: HELP! Thursday morning, i was getting ready for work when pain hit my chest and neck, almost brought me to my knees. i have severe C...
2 answers |
is the advair diskus 500/50 the equivalent to the advair hfa 115/21?
3 answers |
Recent MRI showed: Lung apices show chronic fibrotic change. What exactly does that mean?
prognosis for very advanced emphysema with lung function of 26% and BODE of 8
6 answers |
1581344 tn?1296506879
I have Emphysema. Is that the same thing as COPD?
1 answer |
My mom has been diagnosed with end stage emphysema. Big shock to all of us who knew she had lung disease but didn't know it was this ser...
8 answers |
pls. tell me what is the best diet for patient with emphysema?asap
2 answers |
I have been diagnosed with mild emphysema, I have drastically cut my smoking down to maybe 4 or 5 cigs a day, and hope to give up totally...
2 answers |
I am 52 yr. old male.I have been diagnosed with severe emphysema.Ive also been told I have a thickening of my heart wall on the right sid...
1 answer |
my father has been diagnosed with emphysema. he is only 53 years old. he is allready on steroids, oxygen, and bronchodilators. his o2 is...
1 answer |
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Emphysema Community Resources