Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).
1 - 20 (of 1178) questions
For 4 months (since around mothers day) I have felt terrible. I went to my PCP and was diagnosed with strep even though I never had a sor...
2 answers |
My 25 year old son has the same challenges. He became ill with a flu like illness 18 months ago after starting his new career after coll...
Has anyone tried Valganciclovir? Dr. Jose Montoya says a5 year treatment can help patients with CFS brought on by EBV.
After a worrisome 3 months I have been diagnosed with active EBV. At first my doctor was worried I had lymphoma as my neck lymph nodes we...
Hi. I figured it was time I reach out here because I have felt so alone this year and have been fighting to survive. So far I have not co...
5 answers | 4 comments |
I have had PCOS for most of my life and have been suffering from reoccuring (or never fully going away?) EBV for now more than 6 months. ...
3 answers | 1 comment |
What are the chances of catching EBV, the virus that leads to mono after one quick kiss? I read up that not everyone who is exposed to it...
Hello guys, This is my concern: 1) I got fever in 2-3 days 2) My bodyweight decrease 7kg in 6month but I am on diet (don't sure if thi...
1 answer |
Hi all. I’m new here. I’m a 51 yr old woman. I was just recently DXed with chronic EBV. I remember the initial occurrence. It was in Sept...
1 answer | 4 comments |
I had a 24 hour stomach bug 2 months ago. Since then I've been having twitching all over my body including my face. Had some blood work d...
I was diagnosed with CAEBV in Feb of this year. My doctor prescribed 2g 2x/day valtrex. When I took it I couldn't move. I went from needi...
42 year old male with a very "faint"/suspect positive rapid monospot test. I recently came back from spending 2 months overseas in 3rd w...
I was diagnosed with epstiens Barr 2 yrs ago, and last month I had a flare up, it started with a rash around my mouth & sore tongue, then...
Hi about 20 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, I was also told at that time by an infectious disea...
1 answer |
It all started about 8 months ago. I woke up one morning feeling really out of breath and chest tightness. I went to the er multiple time...
1 answer |
In september I got so sick and tested posative for mono, I never even had the sore throat. After 3 months of not getting better I tested ...
19 answers | 3 comments |
I have been suffering since 2016 from chronic EBV. I had a good 6 months and went back to revisit my neurologist for blood work due to di...
I was recently diagnosed with EBV (just got the results back today). I started having problems with my eyes shortly after becoming pregna...
7 answers | 1 comment |
14 months of being extremely ill, Dr finally tested me for everything including HIV, it came back positive only for EBV, l have low white...
77 answers | 8 comments |
HAS ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS BEEN DX'D WITH EBV HAD SEVERE BODY TWITCHING AT TIMES? IF SO, WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
22 answers | 1 comment |
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
1.05k Members
1.18k Questions
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods