Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

No Gestational Sac on U/S

Hi, I hope anyone can help me....what happened was when I found out that I was pregnant and had me blood drawn and confirmed that I was most definietly pregnant at 5 weeks....hormone level was 1,304 mly which all by itself doesn't mean a whole lot but the dr. thought it was high enough that we didn't have to do another level.....my serum progrestrone was 20.2 ng which was sufficiently elveated that we didn't need to use any progrestrone supplement....everything looked good so far.  I waited till my first OB visit at 8 weeks which was last Thursday to see something on U/S....before going in, I felt like I've lost some pounds.  They took an urine test to see if I was still pregnant before having an U/S....it came POSITIVE as I heard the dr. saying Congratulations and then we had a tranvaginal U/S and found NOTHING in there.  I had another level drawn that day and next day, the HCG level was over 10,000 which of course is a significant increase from the previous level, but he expected there to be at least some increase.....afraid that having this high a level of HCG, but not being able to see a clear gestational sac on U/S, is not a good sign.  I had another level drawn today and now is waiting for the results.  If it increase more and then what could be this?  Where's the baby? Baby hide? Am I going to miscarry?  I don't have any spotting or cramping.  I'm confused.   Anyone have been going through like this before and have a healthy baby or not?  Share with me if you can.  Thanks.
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
HI    I need some help   the doctors aint giving me answers.   my last period was  may 29th   i had a postive test on july 5th   i had first ob visit on the 17th  they said i was 7 weeks everything looked good   next moring i had to go to er   cause i was bleeding   they said my level  was in the 50s  i was having a miscarrage  and i had travaginal unltrasound  and there was no sign or sac  and cervix  was 9mm..    i have been bac kto ob  6 times in last two weeks    my level  was 50  then 52  92 then another trasvaginal ultrasound  still  showing no sac !!  so more blood work level at 97.8  and moreblood work  yesterday 8-13 and today  nurse calls say levels are at 107.  come in tommorw for  more blood work  then  thursady for ultrasound..    can someone please tell me somthing   am so confused and scared!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi-  to the question about losing weight ( i am aussie) I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and in this space of time eating normally etc.. i have lost approx. 4 kgs.. i spoke to doc about this and he advised me that first few months it is normal to lose weight as your hormone levels are up and may increase metabolism... I hope that bubs pops up soon .. for your sake.. This had just happened to my friend she is approx 6 and a half weeks... but no sac to be seen... fongers crossed girls
Helpful - 0
Hi- I am hoping for some answers but the doctors seem to put a dark gloomy cloud over me.  I think I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant- I think I conceived on or between Dec 17th and Dec 19th- I have had a tubal reversal about 6 months ago- My levels have been 520, then 1080, then 1717, and going again tomorrow.  They did an ultra sound today and found no sac and could not see anything in the tubes.  I have had no pain or bleeding.  Everything seemingly going fine, with the exception of no sac found in uterus, is it to early at 1717 to see it possibly? I know they say about 1500-2000, but after tomorrows blood and one last ultra sound on Monday - if it still shows increase in level yet no sac, they want to do surgery on my tubes, to get it out and ensure it wont happen again and even look at the other side?  In my heart I truly feel fine and this pregnancy is fine, yet fearful that is just wishful thinking, at the same time being the mother of 3 already, I just feel it...is is possible they will see a sac Monday in the uterus and was not able to see on today?
Helpful - 0
My pregnancy symptoms are boobs tenderness after I get up from the bed and a little bit exhausted (of course busy with the kids)

Helpful - 0
Thanks for the replies.  I'm waiting for the dr. to call later today and tell me what the level is. And I will keep you all updated.

I'm about 9 weeks today.  Have you ever lost some pounds while pregnancy at first?  I felt that my tummy was hard last week before going in for the first U/S and it is soften and fitting in my regular pant.  Isn't that normal?

Here's what I did before I got a BFP....

1.) I have two healthy boys with no pregnancy complication
2.) had two c-sections with them, one was breech and other was not enough dilation)
3.) We tried #3 child Sept. 2004 and no bfp
4.) After 6 months later, blood test indicated that my ovaries weren't working as well as they should.
5.) DH's SA was 185,000,0000 and normal
6.) Clomid for two months, blood test said low (not responding)
7.) Femara for 2 months, never got pregnant
8.) I gave up for a while
9.) HSG and right tube looked fine but they were unable to see any filling or spilling of the dye from the left tube, possibly blocked. October 15,2006
10.) Started my period on Nov. 7 (day 28)
11.) Femara (at least try one more)
12.) Around Day 12, felt my right ovary burst bad (possible egg release, my guess)
13.) GOT A NICELY BFP!
14.) No morning sickness (same when I was pregnant with my second son)
15.) Barely sharp pain and stretch around by the belly button
16.) Some very little wrings on my right side 1-2 times a week

I've been fine so far now....

Helpful - 0
I forgot to add this, my period is always on time every month!!!
Helpful - 0
I had a similar situation- My hcg levels were around 4700 at 5 weeks pregnant- but we did not see a sac- this was on a Friday-I went back in for another U/S on the following Monday - making me 5 weeks 4 days and we finally saw the sac in the uterus- it was tiny- but it was there. The Dr. was very concerned that it might be in my tube- but were able to locate it- with your levels being that high and no sac- could be dangerous- how many weeks are you now? They need to rule out if it is in your tube- maybe by your next U/S- the sac will appear... at this point an U/S is a much more effective tool than blood levels.
Helpful - 0
178295 tn?1196985933
I am going thru the same thing right now.  Just came from the doctor and they are taking one more HCG test. They saw a small sac (he called it a psuedo sac???)  which may mean eptopic, but he checked my tubes and they looked fine.  I should be about 6 weeks.  Beta and progesterone looked good as of last week, so not sure.

Did you bleed at any time??  Any pain??
Helpful - 0
Nope, never seen any bleeding yet and no pain so far now!  Like I am a normal person today.

I hope yours are not like what I possibly have....6 weeks is too early to tell.
Helpful - 0
I am also puzzled by this.  I think it is kind of odd that your levels are great, but no visible sack.  Do you have any pg symptoms?  What does your doc plan to do next?  

April
Helpful - 0
Wow, this is puzzeling. Perhaps you just had a poor technition or maybe something worse like a tubal pregnancy. Get it taken care of fast because if indeed it is something like a tubal you MUST have it removed soon or it could really seriously do some major damage to your tube
Helpful - 0
bump, anyone???
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410898886
miami, FL
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Many couples are turning to acupuncture to treat infertility. But does it work? We take a closer look.
Does exercise really lower fertility? We take a look at 8 common myths about fertility.
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.
Is your biological clock sounding the alarm? Dr. Elaine Brown explains new advances in egg freezing.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.