Huntington's Disease Community

Huntington's disease is a progressive brain disorder that causes uncontrolled movements, emotional problems, and loss of thinking ability (cognition). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Huntington's Disease patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Huntington's disease, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments
1 - 20 (of 50) questions
Hi, just thought I’d reach out to you all on here as I am struggling to cope and can’t really talk to anyone who understands the situatio...
In 2015 HD researchers started a small sample of clinical trials in California on individuals who were recently diagnosed with HD. The 1s...
If my parents' parents don't have huntingtons disease then they don't have it which means I can't as well correct?
2 answers |
My wife is diagnosed hungtington pateint in 2010.In 2012 she become on bed and not able to talk even.She was under treatment of Dr. Sanje...
I recently met a 53 yo male with HD. There is definite chemistry between us. However, he told me that he has no sexual desire for the opp...
What are your thoughts? National Institutes of Health 8/7/15: News & Events "...the results may provide a guide for discovering new ...
I'm 29 and my mother was just recently diagnosed with Huntington I know I have a 50% chace I do but I'm not sure if i want to know...i su...
1 answer |
My nan died of huntingtons...and my mother is one of eight. My aunt tested positive in her 40s and symptoms were obvious then. Now she i...
1 answer |
Hi everyone, My name is Zara and I am part of a care team looking after a lady with HD, and for the past six months her life has been ...
i have done my MRI then there is written (Disc bulge left posterocentral protrusion and bilateral foraminal narrowing at L4-5 disc com...
1 answer |
Health is wealth. This is exactly the fact of human life. Unless you are healthy you can accomplish your tasks, and often become depende...
2 head concussion within the last 6mths one was unconscious. Fyi my neurologist is out of town for a month! I went to get a copy of my ...
My mom is from a large family. 2 years ago she developed a slight shaking in her hands. She was a master quilter and retired at age 78. W...
2 answers |
Hi, I have a myoclonic seizure condition and was wondering if I should mix augmentin or as on my bottle Amox TR-K CLV? Had to go to Docto...
i have done my MRI then there is written (Disc bulge left posterocentral protrusion and bilateral foraminal narrowing at L4-5 disc com...
hi! can anybody tell the reason? I am suffering from vibrational neurological sound like zooommoommoomm from all over the body, mainly...
3 answers |
Hi, I am getting pain in head back side just 2-3 inch above the left ear. Its being on discrete time in a day more than 10. While get...
from last some months i am suffering from follwing symptoms: -confusion -inabilty to think -confused about what to speak with others ...
1 answer |
Hello, I have been researching HD because i wonder if this could be in my family. I have had cognitive issues for years to a small degree...
1 answer |
Huntington's Disease Community
34 Members
50 Questions
Popular Resources
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.