Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

paxil cr side affects normal??

I'm currently taking 12.5 paxil cr nightly (because of the nausea and dizzyness dr. recommended taking it at night) and have noticed some disturbing side affects.  I have noticed my pupils seem to be more dilated than usual (not entirely dilated but noticable to me) and I feel a strangeness in my throat when I yawn or swallow sometimes.  Also, my leg muscle spasms and arm clenching-which I've experienced with the anxiety since before I even got on paxil cr-is still present.  I've been on paxil cr for 8 days now.  Are muscle spasms normal with anxiety or could it be something neurological?  Also, are my side affects normal for paxil cr?  Should I be concerned?  I feel the paxil working slowly on my brain, however my muscles are worn out from so much tension and cramping.  Any suggestions?  Thank God for this forum, it's been a life saver to me!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello,
I too have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for years. Keep in mind it can take a few weeks for your body to get used to the medicine and it could get worse before it gets better but IT IS NORMAL. I took paxil at first and it didnt work for me so I am now on 75 mgs of Pamalore and I am also able to take 1 .25mg xanax 3 times a day or whenever needed. Hang in there. Paxil has worked wonders for allot of people, just not myself. Try not to worry about the side effect (easier said than done), the medicine should start to work where you can notice it within a month.
Helpful - 0
Has anyone ever heard of the Ibogaine treatment?  Or know anyone who has?
Helpful - 0
I am taking lexapro, not paxil.  However, I'm having a lot of muscle pain with it, too.  I have to sleep with a heating pad between my calves to get comfortable to sleep.  I see my doctor today.  Even though it's not the same med, it's in the same class. I'll update you on what he tells me for mine if that helps at all.
Helpful - 0
242532 tn?1269550379
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The side effects you described are not uncommon and will go away soon. Muscle clenching with anxiety is also normal..that's why people have bad backs.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Depression/Mental Health Forum

Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area