Aa
A
A
A
Close

Myositis Community

WELCOME TO THE MYOSITIS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Myositis which is an inflammation of skeletal muscles, which are also called the voluntary muscles. These are the muscles you consciously control that help you move your body. An injury, infection or autoimmune disease can cause myositis.
21 - 40 (of 33) questions
Hello, After colliding with a tree while snowboarding last saturday (10 days ago) I incurred some blunt trauma including visible bruis...
Has anyone or their family member been diagnosed with Antisynthetase syndrome? If yes, what were your treatments?
My sister has these symptoms, she has fatigue when she walks and can't walk far. Her heart will race, when she sits down she is fine. She...
Hell Doc. i am a guy of 27 years. i have been experiencing temporal muscle athrophy for some time now. .it gets worse whenever i take in...
Hi I am a 32 year old male that's getting dizzy and sob, my echo only found trace of the tricuspid and mitral valve. I am getting tired e...
Hi guys, I know I have at least one inflammatory disease (other than Hashimoto's) due to high inflammatory markers and a bit of relief fr...
I am attempting to reach a diag. I have been sick, if you want to call it that, for almost two years. My symptoms include muscle pain, f...
I am still on 3 mgs. of Prednisone . I first was diagnosed with Polymyositus 19 years ago after a muscle biopsy confirmed it. CPK count w...
hi my wife is been going threw alot she has these pains since 2002.Her ankle she had surgery on her ankle to fix a ligaments that was on ...
Hi, all, Have any of you had a muscle biopsy? If so, would you please describe it. Did it really hurt? Do they numb the area first?...
my son was medically discharged from the army due to "myositis" or cpk, his enzymes were 23,600. They said he was on the verge of heat st...
I have been recently diagnosed with Myositis - I have requested a muscle biopsy to determine which strain I have, but the Neurologist wou...
Popular Resources
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.