Occupational Health & Safety Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.
81 - 100 (of 207) questions
i was struck on the forehead heavily by a metal bar at work causing a few small cuts and 2 large ones yesterday. Since then i have found ...
3 answers |
My 82 yr old grandfather was in an accident last week, which most likely wasn't his fault, turning left at a green light someone blew thr...
1 answer |
I was stuck with a needle several years ago. Subsequently contacted HEP C and HIV. Since that time I have been on labor and industries...
1 answer |
Excuse me if this is not the correct forum. I am interested in learning about areas to live that are easier on folks with arthritis an F...
I'm not sure if this is a big concern or not, but - while rearranging items on my desk in my bedroom - I discovered a leaking alkaline ba...
2 answers |
my grandson have started the apprenticeship with TAFE as painter. The paint fumes he is going to inhale on daily bases is my huge concer...
4 answers |
My fiancé has recently decided to become a medical lab tech. I have germaphobia and am having a hard time dealing with him being exposed...
4 answers |
About 6 days ago I woke up unable to breathe due to my asthma. This has never happened before but after taking my inhaler, no change. So ...
1 answer |
hy . my name is ajay kumar , iand i am from birmingham , uk , working as a chef .last 7 year .last couple of 8 month i have a pail in m...
2 answers |
If the fumes from a fryer coats everything in a kitchen with grease than what is it doing to our lungs when we breath it in?
2 answers |
hi ive been off work for some 4 months now with suspected icocyanate poisoning caused by a leaking air fed mask i,m a paint sprayer . ...
How quickly and how much are solvents absorbed through the skin and into the body? Is absorbing solvents and other toxic chemicals thro...
This year(2008) I received my flu shot from a student nurse. It was taking a while so I looked to see what he was doing and noticed that...
2 answers |
I am a 27 year old female. I got the seasonal flu shot on November 5, 2009. They gave me the shot in my shoulder joint. I have never f...
2 answers |
I'm trying to find out the risks for someone who is a professional painter/finisher. He is exposed to fumes from paints, lacquers, paint...
1 answer |
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now. Yesterday I sustained a needlestick injury at work where the pt is kn...
3 answers |
Hi, My husband, a PE teacher, injured his knee in April playing basketball with some of his students. Then, because he was immobile and ...
3 answers |
Sorry, but I don't know where else to put this question. This seemed like the best place... I think. If it needs to be moved, let me know...
2 answers |
Hi, I will soon start working in a Doctors office, I was just wondering how I should handle this, having OCD. Should I turn it down, to y...
2 answers |
In May 2005 I was exposed to contained soy in addition to mold and fungi inside silos at a soy processing plant. I became very ill with f...
1 answer |
Occupational Health & Safety Community
207 Members
207 Questions
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.