Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
1 - 20 (of 946) questions
I suffer with severe pain from knee down to my foot, on the inside of my shin. It is very knotty as you run your finger up both my shins....
7 answers |
While moving file cabinets, boxes, etc, in the office last week, I believe I pulled my serratus anterior on my right side. I am having e...
5 answers |
Hello there! I had a lateral meniscus tear which I had arthiscopic knee surgery on 2 years ago. The Dr told me that I had developed arthr...
3 answers |
Many online sites, and acquaintences, warn about infection in the knee after knee replacement. Although the doctor uses a pre-surgery an...
4 answers |
A little background.... I'm a 46yo fem skier symptoms of joint line pain and stiffness in the right knee. No locking or serious instabil...
3 answers |
I was lifting weights about 6 months ago and felt a pop in my upper left back. 3 hours later i was at the emergency room with spasms so b...
2 answers |
Hi, I had a rot. cuff repair in July 11 and a bicep tenotomy Nov. 11. Still have the same pain I had since July. It is upper bicep, fr...
4 answers |
Hello... I'm 30 years old and have been diagnosed with "Moderate patellar chondrosis with deep cartilage fissuring, surface irregularity ...
2 answers |
My 83 year old mother had a gluteus medius tendon tear (completely) which was repaired in May of 2010. She is still using a walker, and ...
4 answers |
Am age 65. Diagnosed with tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus extending into inferior articular surface, plus some arthritis. Ice...
2 answers |
2/4/09 Dear Dr. Gross: I damaged both of my knees playing football more than 40 years ago. I damaged the meniscus on the inside of...
2 answers |
I went to see an orthopedic doctor due to noticing a few months after a skiing injury. I was having severe knee pain and it felt like my...
2 answers |
Good day, I am 10+ years post surgery from a scaphoid non-union (from fighting/Muay Thai). I have been hesitant for years on hitting t...
1 answer |
I have a left leg ACL injury (tear, not complete but severe) as diagnosed by an MRI (10/9/08) & visits to the Emergency room (09/12/08) a...
2 answers |
My sister had a petela and ligament reconstruction, plsu numerous other things done because of tears etc. found after going into the knee...
5 answers |
Hey where is the Doctor here?
4 answers |
I have severe pain in low back ,Sacroiliac Iliac joint,left buttock,left hip,pelvic bones,groin, Sciatic type pain all the way down side ...
6 answers |
Dear Doctor, Around 3 months ago, I twisted my left ankle playing soccer and slowly had trouble walking. It was very painful. I went to...
2 answers |
I had a microfracture surgery in early 2009 to repair a torn meniscus in my left knee and that was the worst decision of my life. I have ...
2 answers |
I suffered an Achilles tendinitis back in October from a running injury, and it's been nagging me ever since. After about three weeks I s...
2 answers |
Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.