Parenting Children (6-12) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting children (age 6-12), including physical development, handling school & classes, emotional development, cognitive development, and games and activities.
1 - 20 (of 2440) questions
My son is 6 years old and was caught naked with his 5 year old male cousin. When asked seperatly what they were doing they both responded...
6 answers | 1 comment |
My 7.9 year old never stops wanting food. I only give him healthy stuff but he has platefulls! He's skinny and very tall for his age. It'...
2 answers | 2 comments |
My son has been cutting only my clothes and jewellery up and also cut his own hair he is always very affectionate to me and telling me he...
1 answer |
I have stopped letting my son (7) take showers with his sister (3) because I understand he’s getting older. But recently I let them play ...
1 answer |
My daughter is 10 years old and is still peeing in her pants. She is a very smart and stubborn little girl. She does this in "spells" or ...
4 answers |
My daughter was made aware at school that a boy in her class had draw a picture of him killing her while 2 other boys watched or stood th...
1 answer |
Yesterday around 11:00 pm, my son and his friend were upstairs having a sleep over. When I went to go check up on them, the door was clos...
2 answers |
My son is 10 and lives with his mother and grandparents. The household isn't the best environment for my son since there are two other ch...
2 answers | 6 comments |
I think most of us grow up and when we become parents, we have a list of all the things that our parents did that we don't want to repeat...
1 answer |
She has asthma and always complains of some kind of pain weather it be stomach pains or knee pain or a headache.she is always complaining...
4 answers | 2 comments |
My daughter has had a tablet for years, she’s 7. About a year ago her dad, whom I’m separated from, said he found a video of our daughter...
1 answer |
This started about 3 months ago, I received several phone callse from her teacher and counsler saying that she is having to be asked ever...
3 answers |
My 8 yr old daughter has masturbated since she was about 3. It began w/ stuffed animals, which ended up all getting thrown away b/c of wo...
7 answers | 3 comments |
My 10 year old boy is still wetting his pants. I've had him to the doctor and they found a slight abnormality in his "external sphincter"...
8 answers |
I don't usually give my kids my phone, but every once in a while, I will put it down and one of them may grab it- but after reading about...
Whenever we hear of a young person committing a serious crime, such as the school shooting in Florida- our gut reaction is to find out th...
2 answers |
My 7 year old daughter practically refuses to wear socks and I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about. We've ...
4 answers | 2 comments |
My son is nearly 7. Very much the same problem and has been for the last 2 years. Excessive blinking which comes and goes for periods of ...
8 answers | 2 comments |
Ok my youngest is almost 9 (male) he is the 3rd boy I have raised ( other 2 are 28/25) My oldest daughter has a son he is 5.. 1.5 yrs ago...
1 answer |
Our 6 yo son has had trouble growing in height and weight since he was 6 months old. All his blood tests are normal. He is below the 3rd ...
2 answers |
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Parenting Children (6-12) Community
2.22k Members
2.44k Questions
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.