Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.
61 - 80 (of 1023) questions
I'm at a loss, and have no idea how to handle this. I have a mid-teen step-son, who seems to be unable (unwilling?) to stop touching bot...
6 answers | 1 comment |
My daughter is 15, long story! Ok, she used to be honor role student, then when she got into hi school she completely changed! Not to men...
13 answers | 1 comment |
I just recently found out that my daughter has been inflating her belly. This does not seem normal to me. I had notcied for the last 6 mo...
6 answers | 1 comment |
I need some help on this one and any advice that I can get. I have a 14 year old son who has touched other children that are younger than...
3 answers |
My teenage daughter has always been my 'good', 'easy' child. She has always been exceptionally well behaved, off the charts smart, polite...
4 answers |
What do I do if my daughters contact me after 5 years of hearing nothing from them. I love them dearly but can I trust them since they p...
2 answers |
This is gonna be long, but it's something I've kept inside of me for a long time and I really wanna fix this, so beat with me. I'm a 1...
2 answers |
For a couple yrs I have been trying to develop a sense of responsibility in my older child. I got her a phone about 2 years ago thinking...
2 answers | 2 comments |
My 15 year-old sun asked me to buy him a zippo lighter. He says he wants one because they look cool and he wants to do tricks and stuff w...
20 answers |
My son has been dating this girl, since she was 13 and he was 16. She is 14 now and he is 17. I never agree with this relationship. My so...
2 answers |
What time should kids have sex
3 answers |
Hi, I have two daughters, age 14 and 11, who both show a complete lack of hygiene regarding their menstruation. They seem to refuse usi...
1 answer |
I feel this is an inappropriate attempt on his part to gain friend status as the cool dad. It scares me. It began as early as 14 years of...
3 answers |
My 17 year old daughter has a boyfriend that she really likes and we really like. He does not go to her school. However, she has starte...
3 answers |
Last Christmas Eve, my 15 yo daughter texted me a pic of a positive pregnancy test. I asked if it was hers, her response being...'yeah'. ...
5 answers | 1 comment |
Well my Wife and I were married in June. We were the "Brady Bunch" minus one. She brought three kids into the marriage and I brought tw...
5 answers |
Hello, my wife called me to express a deep concern and we are trying to see the best way to handle this. My wife was notified by her ex-h...
1 answer | 2 comments |
my 14 year old daughter cannot separate herself from a boy that is not a good influence on her. Weve talked about it some but I think sh...
2 answers |
My son is in his last year of high school. He's not in the advanced classes/grades, but is still graduating this year. He has said that h...
3 answers |
My beautiful daughter was diagnosed with depression last Christmas and takes medication. She has always wanted to be a dr. She started ...
1 answer |
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
1.14k Members
1.02k Questions
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.