Aa
A
A
A
Close

Speech & Language Disorders Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders
1 - 20 (of 565) questions
I suffer from weak, breathy, high-pitched voice with no resonance or projection or loudness. It's not just vocal habits, it's just that ...
Been experiencing problems with slurred speech and pronouncing certain words since February of this year. I tried cutting out various ant...
I lost my walking balance and have a slurred speech who can i see to help me in Virginia in 22003 area
My friend is a singer. She is suffering from loss of vocal range when singing. It has been a week and there is no sign of improvement. Wh...
Hello, wondering if anyone out there has had a diagnosis of Apraxia or Dyspraxia with Developmental delays and a few years go by to find ...
Hi, I have a problem with my tongue at speaking. When i was 10 years old i madethis disease. When i am speaking to someone in the first...
Ever since I was little I have always had a problem with studdering my speech. My speech was perfectly fine until I was about 7 when i st...
My mother, 65 years old, occasionally and mostly in moments when she is very stressed or even panicked, will start a sentence normally an...
I have 4 and 1/2 years old (bilingual) daughter. She has problem communicating complex sentences. She can say simple sentences in the lan...
I'm 20 years old. As time has gone on, my speech has gradually worsened. People tell me I mumble a lot and it's hard to understand me. ...
Hey!:) To make it short: I normally never stutter or anything in that way. At all. Okay, sometimes I stop talking to consider what exact...
My son is Stuttering, grinding his teeth when sleeping and making funny throat noises. Is there an underlying issue here? He is active in...
Our pediatrician strongly recommend to consider sensory therapy for my son, who doesn't want to talk. When he was born, doctors told us t...
Hi I got off 0.25mg of Clonazepam usage on and off a month back. I used it for a duration of about 6 months (3-4 times a week before b...
I have developed symptoms of poor balance and coordination, along with slurred speech. I did not have a stroke and my brain MRI has been ...
Hello, I am a lead toddler teacher in a daycare. We have a new student who is 2 and 1/2 starting Monday. He had Apraxia and I have been f...

It tends to have more over electronic devices but not in all cases. For example, I will be calling a friend and it goes to voicemail, I ...
I have a 4 1/2 year old son that is somewhat potty trained. He knows how to poop and pee in the potty but doesn't do it consistently. He ...
My son, almost 3, just started to stutter or show disfluency over the past week. He is repeating syllables and words, and is getting ver...
I'm 27 yrs old & wondering if it's too late for speech therapy because of my age. I stutter sometimes & can't pronounce some words well. ...
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?