Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stabbing nerve pain Group

I'm new, and have never done the "forum" thing before. I hope I'm doing this right. I'm 36 yr old female. About 4 yrs ago I woke up to discover that my legs were weak. It felt like I had bricks tied to my feet. just over night I went from being active to not being able to get up from a squat, or climb stairs. Then after a while it turned into muscle spasms, sometimes severe spasms, almost like an alien might climb out of my legs. Also spasms in my eye lids. Now for the last couple years I've been dealing with extreme, and stabbing nerve pain in my feet. I'm talking about ever 30 seconds, and with no ryme or reason to it. Finally about a year ago (maybe less) my Dr. gave me a medication (gabapentin). It's to numb the nerves. At first I loved it, It really helped. I think it took about 80% of the pain away, but now I've worked up to the highest dose of this med, and the pain has come back, and is spreading. I'm starting to see signs of it effecting my hands (the pain, not the meds). I don't know how to best discribe my symptoms, but I'll try: Stabbing pain, like Nails being hammered into my feet. "popping popcorn" in feet and legs. Creepy crawlies If I scan my body, the only thing I can find that doesn't hurt are my lips. I am in constant pain! today I actually fell to my knees in public because of the stabbing pain. Ok, now here is the dillema. I don't have insurance, so they did just a couple tests and then stopped. I'm also looking for work, and have no income. So going to the Dr. is completely out of the question right now. I don't know what to do. I can't take this pain! I'm a tough cookie, but enough is enough! I just can't stand the pain! It's constant! and getting worse every day! Does anyone know what's wrong with me? I've tried all the stuff like calcium, and vitamin D, and many other things. Nothing helps! I have diabetes, but they ruled out neuropothy. I have bad back problems (scoliosis, and bone on bone in about 4 spots). They thought that might be a cause, but if my back explains my feet and legs, why am I starting to feel it in my hands, and what's up with the constant spasms in my eye lids? Please, can someone help me? Even just suggestions of what it might be, and then I can research it to see if I can find something that fits my symptoms. Please Please Please help me!!! I don't fee like I can go on much longer in so much pain. Please help! Thank you
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.