Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Travel Medicine / Vaccination / Immunization Forum

Questions in the Travel Medicine forum are answered by Dr. Philip D Parks, affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health. Topics covered include disease prevention, finding a doctor abroad, food and water safety, illness and injury abroad, mosquito and tick protection, resources for travelers, traveling with children or pets, traveling with special needs, vaccinations and immunizations.
Hello recently my wife found out she had latent tuberculosis and has been taking antibiotics. A few days after taking the pills she notic...
Good afternoon/evening! I’ve been reading the news about Chagas disease lately and I have a concern and some questions. Here’s my con...
Doc, I am in a fairly high risk malaria area and forgot to take my malarone for the first 2 months while here in coastal east Africa. ...
I have been feeding a stray cat for a couple of weeks. Tonight he rolled over playing and clawed my foot. Barely broke the skin but the...
Dear Doctor My daughter received the varicella vaccine at about 18mths and a second one at about 20mths. Following the first one, abo...
Dear Doctor, I had a WBC of 20 and pinpoint rashes on my legs and an itchy rash under my skin- I've been exhausted for 2 years now. Wha...
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.